• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows 7 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello.
I have a little problem here. I'm using Windows 7 for 32 Bit but randomly, around every 30 minutes my Laptop suddently stop working, blocking.
The only way I can shut it down is with the On/Off Button.

As far as I know I have all the require for Windows 7.

Info:
Manufacturer: Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH;
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00 GHz;
Memory(RAM): 1.00 GB
System Tipe: 32-Bit Operating System

Any suggestion?

Level 10
I have never had this problem although you need to realize that a lot of the time Windows recommends you run a 64 bit. If you run anything else you are taking the risk that there is a problem, you really can't do much about it unless you run whatever it is your running on a computer that doesn't require 64 bit.

I hope this helps :3

Level 45
I have never had this problem although you need to realize that a lot of the time Windows recommends you run a 64 bit. If you run anything else you are taking the risk that there is a problem, you really can't do much about it unless you run whatever it is your running on a computer that doesn't require 64 bit.

Well, apparently i hear you need more system req to properly run a 64bit system, at least from what one of my tech friends told me, but could be wrong. Would need around 2gig or more.

Level 9
I have original windows 7 cd...

Edit: Nevermind guys, found the problem...I had selected 64-Bit instead of 32-Bit.
Thanks for assist and tips.

Last edited:
Level 7
Add +1 More GB RAM

Add 1 GB Ram and see. :cute:

EDIT: Oh yes, www.answers.yahoo.com if adding 1 GB ram doesn't work.

Well, apparently i hear you need more system req to properly run a 64bit system, at least from what one of my tech friends told me, but could be wrong. Would need around 2gig or more.

A 64BIT OS just has less things that work on it and can use more than 3GB Ram, they are Gaming OS's.

Level 7

Less normal apps work on a 64bit, they are all made for 32bits. I recommend you run a 32bit unless you have more than 3gb ram and are planning on having a gaming rig :wink: 32bits are also more stable than 64bits.

Have you scanned your computer for viruses recently?
Install any registry cleaners recently?
Is your computer heating up quickly or is very hot?

One of those are most likely to be the problem

EDIT: Did I already answer this thread? T.T Silly me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Azndragon, do you even own a 64 bit version of W7?
All normal apps work on 64 bit versions of W7 if they work on the 32 bit version of W7 just they are marked as 32 bit and generally will not have any speed boost over running on a 32 bit version.

The only problem is with hardware where it does need 64 bit drivers.

My OS is 64 bit W7 ultimate and I am yet to encounter a single programe which fails to work due to the os being 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Obviously I am using only 64 bit drivers on compatible hardware as old hardware will probably not run due to lack of support.

Level 14
Less normal apps work on a 64bit, they are all made for 32bits. I recommend you run a 32bit unless you have more than 3gb ram and are planning on having a gaming rig :wink: 32bits are also more stable than 64bits.

Have you scanned your computer for viruses recently?
Install any registry cleaners recently?
Is your computer heating up quickly or is very hot?

One of those are most likely to be the problem

EDIT: Did I already answer this thread? T.T Silly me.
If you have 4 GB or lower RAM then use 32bit
Else use 64 bit, 64 bit support minimumly 2 GB of RAM and supports up to 192 GB of RAM
32 bit Supports up to 3.5 GB only, so even if you bought 80 GB of RAM and you use 32 bit, then the other 76.5 GB is useless....

Level 15
Some of these...

._. you really could of chosen 64 so you can take advantage of the speed of your pc

Get out of the Tech section, 1gb of RAM + 64bit = No No

@up
No, AFAIK, 0.5 GB is for the system....

No, that .5 gb is not recognized by the system, and it not used in any way.

Also, can XP have 64 bit? Or only 32?

They used to sell a 64bit version, but it is a bit unstable and is no longer updated.

Both, 32/64 but not 86 (afaik)

x86 = 32 bit, x64 = 64 bit

Get it straight next time.

And Illi, good to see you fixed it, and remember to install SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.