• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Willing To Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I feel my amazing (except not really) JASS skills are going to waste since I'm not working on anything presently. If anyone (seriously anyone) needs help with JASS, I can help. I'm ridiculously good at GUI, but I'm trying to move away from it...

PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO!

Level 2
I am looking for someone to help me. If you check out my topic called "Omari's Tower..." that has more information. PM me, or leave a comment there.

Level 4
Can you do me a spell perhaps?

The spell should be channelable, and cause those graveyard graves draw up in circle around you (Say, 1000 AOE), chance terrain type under you to blight for the duration of spell. Then it should deal 2/4/6 of enemy non-building unit max HP in damage to them if they are on the area. Then in the end of the 15 sec channel or whenever you end it, it should spawn an blood golem (Abomination model) which's hitpoints/damage/armor would scale with the amount of creeps killed in the area for the duration of spell. If you can do this, i'd be grateful.

If you do, please PM me, because i might forget to check this thread.

Level 6
Amadi, I'm going to make the spell you stated in the above post. How often do you want it to damage them, and are you sure you want it to do such low damage? If it only does 6% max, then no units will die. I will start on it, and you can tell me when you get this.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm thinking that 90% total should be fine. I'm not sure though. However, i can propably read through your code and replace the number there somewhere if i think i need to raise it. Damage interval should be one second.

Level 6
I come with gifts! Amadi, I did my best to do it to your specifications. Read the comments on the top of the spell script, and tell me anything you want me to change. It can be found at:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/pastebin/show/57025fd12aaad8574feb918b7b47dfc9/

Please tell me anything you want changed, or suggestions. I'm trying to make the grave circle thing work, but they won't disappear after the spell so I took them out. Enjoy.

Level 6
Wizardum, I would be glad to help you learn JASS. I had to learn from tutorials, and no offense to the makers, but they're hard. Just give me your screennames on MSN and/or AIM and/or e-mail.

Preferably an IMing service, though.

Amadi, I sent you the link to the spell you requested, didn't I? Tell me what you think about it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay, the spell's good, but i'm not sure if i wanted it to stop the enemy units from moving altogether.. Oh and i think there's a bug somewhere in it, might be hard-coded with terrain chances though but if you click on it few times fast, it changes whole map into rough dirt from normal dirt..

Oh, i think that the graves need to be made as units with locust ability and model of: Abilities\Spells\Undead\Graveyard\GraveMarker.mdl because that one has birth and death animations.

Anyways, good job and sorry for commenting late. Anyways, +rep.

Level 6
Amadi, the reason it changes terrain is because when you remove blight, it doesnt necesarily revert back to the terrain that it was before. In this case, it turns into rough dirt. That's a complication with using Blight, I guess. Anyways, thanks for comments. I won't be able to do any coding, since my good computer is in the shop for the week. If you need me to change it badly, just PM me and I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks.

Edit: After reading your post again, I realize you said it turned the whole map to rough dirt. Yeah, that's because I didn't know in what unit the terrain change function worked. I thought it was normal units, so I put in 400 (or something). But now I see it meant squares, so you'll have to mess around with it, or I could. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 3
i need ur help

im also obscenely good at gui, but come across problem that may require jass, my trigger just got to big, now it crashes my world edit, and jass would be easyer and smaller , so i can put my trigger in functioning, ill send if u think u can help

Status
Not open for further replies.