• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Will many triggers cause lag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ofcourse I know that many triggers in a map will lag more than just a few triggers. So without explaing what I mean I will just give you an example:

1#
  • Unit - Remove Unit 2

2#

• Actions
  • Unit - Remove Unit 2

So, look at those two "examples". Would "2#" cause more ''lag'' than ''1#'' ? Guessing this will be silly to read, but I'm just wondering : p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
#2 will lag more.
Since 2 triggers = 2*triggering+2*function running = more lag.

But if the triggers were triggered at different times they would lag less since it would allow time for the CPU to finish one and then finish the other but in such a short example more power would be used to fire the triggers than the actions require them selves and so no benfit would be gained by STT(Syncronized Time Triggering).

STT would only be usefull for making 10 units slide for 12 players, allowing you to run the slide actions for 1 player at a time.

So my answer is use #1. . .

Level 8
I think, it depends on your intervalls, periods in which you TRIGGER activating or deactivating ...

If so, one TRIGGER with a period of every 1 sec. and 2 actions lags less than 2 TRIGGERs with a period of every 1 sec. and 1 action each ... so use #1

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Basically, its more triggers more lag, and more triggers more functions more lag, and less triggers, more functions will cause less lag, depending on the size of the trigger, and what functions you enable into that trigger, will vary on the lag, say, on one trigger you tell it to create 200 soldiers, and then wait 10 seconds and kill the 200 soldiers, this will cause lag of creating the soldiers and killing them, but if you throw it into 2 seperate triggers, you will have to make the triggers link, which would take more time, and cause alot more lag, as it would have to create the soldiers, link to the secondary trigger, than kill the soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.