• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Will Beta Decals/Portraits Carry Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
I assume they will be harder to get in the real game; take Warcraft for example (thousands of games vs 75 wins for the hardest title in the beta, XvX (1v1 or 2v2) Beta Crusher). Thus, while I wouldn't be surprised to see accounts carry over, I assume that at the very least there will be a ladder reset.

Level 12
The Beta Crusher requires 100 wins in total.
25 each race - yes - but it includes Random aswell.

Check it yourself (I might be wrong since i couldnt check it while i was writing this due to downtime)

Anyways...
I doubt it will carry over. Besides, 50 wins for a ultralisk is damn stupid (for a example) besides, the ultralisk portrait looks ridiculous!

Level 22
??

They are already wiping data within the beta, how do you expect the account from Beta to be transferred to retail? What you do in beta (account, icons bla bla) will stop its existence as if you've never been in beta, as if a new game... If icons so important, why not make them again.

Level 22
look brahsky, practically every game now has an incentive to play MORE.
Shooters: Better guns, better perks/equipment
RPGs: LOOT LOOT LOOT
Strategy games: veterancy/persistency

For sc2, its ICONs. if it wasnt for icons, i would definitely not play ladder when theres custom games.

Status
Not open for further replies.