• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wight & spells

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
"The avatar and messenger of death, gathering souls in the land of the living."

Technical info:
  • Contains only in-game mesh and textures.
  • Contains custom animations and SFX.
  • The size of the models is optimized.
EXPLORE the bundle in this post.
UPDATE 30.08.22: see here.
See icons here.

Author's notes:

Features the amazing Call Of Dread spell model by @Vinz on the preview.
A Reforged version of this model from @VictorZ has been released, you can take a look at his bundle.
Feel free to use/edit the model but give credits! If you want to publish an edited version, please, provide a link to this bundle.

Keywords:
Aura, Boss, Darkness, Death, Grim, Hand, Lich, Reaper, Skull, Soul, Spirit, Undead, Wight
Contents

Wight.mdx (Model)

WightLight.mdx (Model)

WightUnit.mdx (Model)

HandOfDeath.mdx (Model)

Stranglehold.mdx (Model)

SpiritBolt.mdx (Model)

ExpirationAura.mdx (Model)

DeathCurse.mdx (Model)

DiskOfScythes.mdx (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A beautifully designed undead hero with an eye-candy arsenal of custom SFX. Works in-game. Approved! Honestly the 'Death' animation looks amazing, lost count of replaying it.
Level 21
Incredible,
a complete package for high fantasy type of maps. And the skeletal hand effects are a highlight on their own!
(that paladin got his worth, didn't he:thumbs_up:)

Welcome to the first update of this bundle!

Removed some glitching and optimized materials:
  • Involved some debug bones to reduce glitching.
  • Improved technical side.
Commentary: although these things can be very subtle to those who don't model, it irritates my eye.

Added new assets:
  • Added icons to help mapmakers illustrate Wight's abilities.
Commentary: I am not an icon designer, however, I decided to create/modify a few to make the bundle more complete.

Personally, I love ability buttons in a unified visual style. So, I'd like to present you a mix of such icons that should look something like this in-game:
WightIconSet1.png
WightIconSet2.png

These are two base icons for the portrait:
Wight.png
WightBreath.png

I made them of signature Warcraft art to give it a lore-friendly look. One can be used as an ability button.

For an ability based on the "Attack Walk Stand Spin" animation you can use this one:
WightMantleOfDeath.png

I called it "Mantle of Death", because it goes well with the mesh and animation of the Wight model, but it's up to you, of course!

I guess, this icon needs no explanations. Goes well with some passive abilities based on the "Attack Slam" animation.
WightScythe.png

I barely found a base for this scythe and spent plenty of time to make it visually lore-wise. This is one a must have, is't it?

For the "Spirit Bolt" ability I'd use the "Coil of Death" icon.
WightSpirits.png

But this is an alternative one, if you want to make some AoE spells based on the "Spell Slam" animations just like on the gifs from the preview.

The following icons don't have standard in-game alternatives for the Wight spells:
WightAuraOfDeath.png
WightHandOfDeath.png
WightExpiration.png

The aura, hand and an icon of expiration are also re-designed for this hero.

See the full list of icons here. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Incredible,
a complete package for high fantasy type of maps. And the skeletal hand effects are a highlight on their own!
(that paladin got his worth, didn't he:thumbs_up:)
Thank you, man! Yeah, the Reaper fell by his hand for the sake of a good gif 🙂
Amazing work
All of these could use some icons, you know
Thank you! Usually I don't make icons but people seem to like this bundle a lot, so here you go 😉
Man these icons are abysmal, they can't fit better!
Thanks! Though I thought this at first, my English is bad 😆
Abysmal.png

Level 7

• Added some debug bones to reduce glitching.
Commentary: although these things can be very subtle to those who don't model, it irritates my eye.

Added new assets:
Commentary: I am not an icon designer, however, I decided to create/modify a few to make the bundle more complete.

I like when heroes' abilities have a single visual style. So, I'd like to present you a mix of such icons that should look something like this in-game:
View attachment 406170View attachment 406171

These are two base icons for the Wight's portrait:
View attachment 406174View attachment 406175
I made them of signature Warcraft art to give it a lore-friendly look. One can be used as an ability button.

For an ability based on the "Attack Walk Stand Spin" animation you can use this one:
View attachment 406172
I called it "Mantle of Death", because it goes well with the mesh and animation of the Wight model, but it's up to you, of course!

I guess, this icon needs no explanations.
View attachment 406176
I barely found a base for this scythe and spent plenty of time to make it visually lore-wise. This is a must have, is't it?

View attachment 406177
But this is an alternative one, if you want to make some AoE spells based on the "Spell Slam" animations just like on the gifs from the preview.

The following icons don't have standard in-game alternatives for the Wight spells:
View attachment 406178View attachment 406180View attachment 406179
yh
See the full list of icons here. Enj
and just when i thought i had seen everything this model had to offer , someone stop this man! icons are perfect fit

• Added some debug bones to reduce glitching.

Added new assets:

I like when heroes' abilities have a single visual style. So, I'd like to present you a mix of such icons that should look something like this in-game:
View attachment 406170View attachment 406171

These are two base icons for the Wight's portrait:
View attachment 406174View attachment 406175

View attachment 406172

I guess, this icon needs no explanations.
View attachment 406176
I barely found a base for this scythe and spent plenty of time to make it visually lore-wise. This is a must have, is't it?

View attachment 406177

View attachment 406178View attachment 406180View attachment 406179

See the full list of icons here. Enjoy!
Great icons! I like Mantle of Death and Scythe the most. Nicee! :grin:

and just when i thought i had seen everything this model had to offer , someone stop this man! icons are perfect fit
Great icons! I like Mantle of Death and Scythe the most. Nicee! :grin:
Thank you, guys! I'm glad you consider them nice and fitting 🙂

There is some cool news:
RefWight.png

A Reforged version of the Wight model from @VictorZ has recently been released, you can take a look at his bundle here.

Hey man, I was just wondering if you could include in the description the best values for things like Animation - Cast Backswing point, Projectile Z and stuff like in the object editor, that would be great :)
Oh, I never though about that, I believed that everyone adjusts the model for themselves how they want.

Maybe I'll do that in the future, but now that I've put so much energy into the bundle and updates, I feel like I need to take a break. Thanks for understanding 🙏

Level 4
Honestly it's the first time i see not just very good model, but so, so much more.
The amount of detail and love you put in this model and everything that goes around it is just unprecedental.
I agree, this looks like a director's cut. 6/5 no questions asked.

Level 2
Congratulations on your work, it is a beautiful and well-kept model!

A small question, will you have a map where the model is with its respective designed unit? Or in any case, what is the unit that I can use as a base to include it in my map.

Honestly it's the first time i see not just very good model, but so, so much more.
The amount of detail and love you put in this model and everything that goes around it is just unprecedental.
I agree, this looks like a director's cut. 6/5 no questions asked.
My life for Ner'zhul! Thank you, man 😌

amazing job, this deservers Directors Cut. 6/5!
Big thanks for valuing my work so highly 💛

Congratulations on your work, it is a beautiful and well-kept model!

A small question, will you have a map where the model is with its respective designed unit? Or in any case, what is the unit that I can use as a base to include it in my map.
Thank you! 🙏
I'm afraid there's no respective model as there are no hovering type units with two-handed weapons in Warcraft, as I remember. However, you can take, let's say, the Death Knight model, change its sound set to Lich, change his movement type to 'hover' and make some other changes in boxes to adjust some parameters like 'cast time', 'death time', 'turn time' and so on. Using the DK is handy because he's already a melee Undead hero. I also used him in my preview map and found no problems while adjusting 👌

A beautifully designed undead hero with an eye-candy arsenal of custom SFX.
Works in-game. Approved!

Honestly the 'Death' animation looks amazing, lost count of replaying it.
View attachment 409614
Thank you for approving my stuff!
Nice to hear that, I also did it myself 😀

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you! 🙏
I'm afraid there's no respective model as there are no hovering type units with two-handed weapons in Warcraft, as I remember. However, you can take, let's say, the Death Knight model, change its sound set to Lich, change his movement type to 'hover' and make some other changes in boxes to adjust some parameters like 'cast time', 'death time', 'turn time' and so on. Using the DK is handy because he's already a melee Undead hero. I also used him in my preview map and found no problems while adjusting 👌

Thanks! i will try it :D

Level 7
Hey I'm an absolute noobie and don't eat me pls. It would be my first custom hero /w spells and I was wondering... How do you import it? Since I can't find triggers, or did you post models only?

Hey I'm an absolute noobie and don't eat me pls. It would be my first custom hero /w spells and I was wondering... How do you import it? Since I can't find triggers, or did you post models only?
This is just the models none of the abilities, however Villagerino has described how he created each spell based on the base spell used, so you'll need to find the relevant ability and then just edit it with the appropriate models :)

Wow! This model is amazing! This beauty should be in the Director's Cut!

P.S: I must confess, at first, I thought Vinz (Mythic) got changed his nickname… But no, it's another God who appeared on Hive's Olympus!
Oh, I'm just Vinz's younger brother 🙂 Jokes aside, not the first time I've been confused with the greats, so now I think I have to match the status, and I'm also very pleased to hear such praise, thank you! 😌

Hello, these are just models, special effects for spells, no triggers added. @Footman16 bro is right, you will have to make spells by yourself or find suitable triggers in the relevant 'Resources' section 👍

Level 4
Hello. Vilagernino.
First of All, Your model is too awesome.
I made a map inspired by your model and it's playing well.
By the way, after dividing each boss into two by color, I needed a new purple color.
If it is difficult or annoying to change the total set, can you at least change the color of "HandOfDeath" to purple?
Please~~ :)
I do simple modifications myself, but it's not easy because I'm not familiar with it, so I'm leaving a comment on hiveworkshop for the first time.
Happy new year and thank you.

Hello. Vilagernino.
First of All, Your model is too awesome.
I made a map inspired by your model and it's playing well.
By the way, after dividing each boss into two by color, I needed a new purple color.
If it is difficult or annoying to change the total set, can you at least change the color of "HandOfDeath" to purple?
Please~~ :)
I do simple modifications myself, but it's not easy because I'm not familiar with it, so I'm leaving a comment on hiveworkshop for the first time.
Happy new year and thank you.
HandOfDeathPurple.gif
StrangleholdPurple.gif
SpiritBoltPurple.gif

Here you go. The colors are not actually Blizzard and are made by eye. You don't need my permission to ask the other guys to change what you need from the bundle, but you have it just in case. Don't forget to credit them 😉

Attachments

• HandOfDeathPurple.mdx
    113 KB · Views: 16
  • StrangleholdPurple.mdx
    126.8 KB · Views: 14
  • SpiritBoltPurple.mdx
    11.2 KB · Views: 14
Level 2
Very well made models. Any map with the slightest bit of death concept or grim reapers should definitely consider your work! I especially love the 'Hand of Death' animation <3

I feel like I've missed out on so many of your incredible work because I don't use HIVE often and now that I'm seeing all of them at once, it feels really refreshing!!

A dark and menacing character! And of course, a great model! A harbinger of Death, this model would be suited for an antagonist in a custom campaign. Some sort of herald for a dark, doomsday force!
This is simply the best unded hero model i ever seen
Thank you, guys! 💛

Very well made models. Any map with the slightest bit of death concept or grim reapers should definitely consider your work! I especially love the 'Hand of Death' animation <3

I feel like I've missed out on so many of your incredible work because I don't use HIVE often and now that I'm seeing all of them at once, it feels really refreshing!!
Thanks, man! I'm always happy for your attention 😌

maybe i missed this but are there triggers for the spells that we can download?
Hello. Spirit Bolt is based on Acid Bomb (Alchemist) with 1 tick of periodic damage. Stranglehold is based on Entangle (Keeper of the Grove). Mass Coil from the gif is based on Fan of Knives (Warden). Expiration Aura is based on Unholy Aura (Death Knight) with just negative values. Disk of Scythes is based on Carrion Swarm (Dreadlord). Breath of Death from the gif (see the attachment here) is based on Breath of Fire (Pandaren Brewmaster). Death Curse from the gif is based on Howl of Terror (Pitlord). The rest models of the spells are just special effects and triggered damage made for the demostration of these models and are not real spells.

Level 18
Hello. Spirit Bolt is based on Acid Bomb (Alchemist) with 1 tick of periodic damage. Stranglehold is based on Entangle (Keeper of the Grove). Mass Coil from the gif is based on Fan of Knives (Warden). Expiration Aura is based on Unholy Aura (Death Knight) with just negative values. Disk of Scythes is based on Carrion Swarm (Dreadlord). Breath of Death from the gif (see the attachment here) is based on Breath of Fire (Pandaren Brewmaster). Death Curse from the gif is based on Howl of Terror (Pitlord). The rest models of the spells are just special effects and triggered damage made for the demostration of these models and are not real spells.
Thank you for reply. You have great style.

Level 3
This is model is sublime! I love it! :aht:

If I may ask:

I'm trying to create a map with this model, and I'm still a newbie..., so, regarding to the Icon Status of Expiration Aura (and its text). It shows the Unholy Aura icon.
1704471302414.png

I imported all the icon files and changed their paths to the ones that are in this post. And still...

Is there a way to make it match?:
1704471355846.png

Last edited:
This is model is sublime! I love it! :aht:

If I may ask:

I'm trying to create a map with this model, and I'm still a newbie..., so, regarding to the Icon Status of Expiration Aura (and its text). It shows the Unholy Aura icon.
View attachment 458034
I imported all the icon files and changed their paths to the ones that are in this post. And still...

Is there a way to make it match?:
View attachment 458035

You need to change the buff or create a custom ability and then change the buff in the ability.

Level 9
Can anyone help me find the neede graphical stats for this model for Object Editor? Like BackSw1 and dmgpt

That's my problem with many custom models on Hiveworkshop: I just can't find these stats anywhere

Villagerino great work! Thx you! Especially for rebirth animation, nice thing for my idea.

Level 18
Can anyone help me find the neede graphical stats for this model for Object Editor? Like BackSw1 and dmgpt

That's my problem with many custom models on Hiveworkshop: I just can't find these stats anywhere

Villagerino great work! Thx you! Especially for rebirth animation, nice thing for my idea.
If you go under Window -> then select a unit using the Weight model, or any model in question, you can view its animation times. For example, below is a screen shot showing the wight's "Stand Channel" animation with a 1.866s play time, circled. You can use the arrows to the right of that view all its different animations.

1710824602628.png