• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why i cant upload maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i know i spam other maps that not belong to me, because my maps are rejectet.
but i uploaded yesterday a cool clan test map and Linzane says DONT UPLOAD MAPS THAT ARE DONT BELONG YOU.
but ingame IM Hunter_cool_ger and why MY maps are not allowed?

V.I

V.I

Level 5
Or, conversely, you can post your map in map development (I think) and get help to improve your map so that it does meet the requirements stated by The Hive Workshop, instead of just submitting it to another site.

I would have thought the Hive would have been a bit more helpful than what I've just seen, really.

Last edited:
Level 14
V.I said:
I would have thought the Hive would have been a bit more helpful than what I've just seen, really.
There's a point when it goes from helping a person to holding the person's hand. He needs to learn to help himself with the basic stuff (Like where to post) or nothing you or anyone here says is ever going to make an ounce of difference. It's not like those forums are labeled or something. It's also not like he's broken a dozen rules before making this thread.

V.I

V.I

Level 5
Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, after all, we don't want to hold his hand and aim him in the right direction. It's not as if someone rubbed his face in the dirt or anything.

Everyone starts off differently, and even the best of map makers were stupid at one point. I'm not saying people like yourself ever posted like he has, but you know, if the Hive's for 'everyone', then the Hive has got to have a high level of patience.

Level 14
V.I said:
I mean, after all, we don't want to hold his hand and aim him in the right direction. It's not as if someone rubbed his face in the dirt or anything.
If it hadn't been the same way with me when I started, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere and wouldn't have made anything decent. It is through failure that we succeed, and certainly if everyone pretends that you're doing well when you're not, you will never improve. Just look at some of the poor artists at this site, they haven't improved in years because no one here has the balls to talk down on their work seriously.

V.I said:
Everyone starts off differently, and even the best of map makers were stupid at one point. I'm not saying people like yourself ever posted like he has, but you know, if the Hive's for 'everyone', then the Hive has got to have a high level of patience.
Inexperienced, maybe, but stupid, no. The willingness to learn is punctuated only by the unwillingness to accept criticism of a harsh nature. You're preaching that the hive should be a community site over a modding site in what you're saying; while I agree that a certain level of patience is necessary, being kind to a person who has, on multiple occasions, broken rules and refused to mend them is being blind and uncaring to the rest of the community.

V.I

V.I

Level 5
I don't have a problem with people talking down others work: I've seen reviews by people like 'bounty boy', 'Ash' (and 'devilash' from WC3C, are they the same people?) that I've found exemplary. They tell the author how to improve without insulting him, and by saying someone has 'no quality' or should 'go to a different site' because they're not good enough, isn't really motivating the user to improve. I do fully agree with the 'tough criticism' point, though.

I wasn't saying it should be a community site, more so that it sets its standards for everyone and doesn't restrict itself to the top echelon of the map modding world. At least he's posting here to find a resolution, instead of re-re-resubmitting rejected resources.

This will be the part when we can tell if he is just 'inexperienced' or just 'stupid', though: if he improves now he has been shown the areas, then at least we can say it has been time well spent, if you understand what I mean?

Level 14
V.I said:
and 'devilash' from WC3C, are they the same people?
Yes.
V.I said:
...and by saying someone has 'no quality' or should 'go to a different site' because they're not good enough, isn't really motivating the user to improve. I do fully agree with the 'tough criticism' point, though.
The original poster was given a half dozen 'okay' reviews and didn't listen to a single one. If after that he doesn't care, then no one else ought to either.
V.I said:
I wasn't saying it should be a community site, more so that it sets its standards for everyone and doesn't restrict itself to the top echelon of the map modding world.
In setting one's standards to accept the bottom of the barrel, you alienate those with real talent. You can't possibly have an 'everyone' site; between WC3C and THW it's been proven impossible.
V.I said:
At least he's posting here to find a resolution, instead of re-re-resubmitting rejected resources.
Granted, but it reinforces the fact that he hasn't read the rules nor the forum descriptions of the site at all.
V.I said:
This will be the part when we can tell if he is just 'inexperienced' or just 'stupid', though: if he improves now he has been shown the areas, then at least we can say it has been time well spent, if you understand what I mean?
I understand, but the operative keyword here is if. Judging from his past, I seriously doubt that will happen - nor do I expect you actually believe it will either.

V.I

V.I

Level 5
Well, I wouldn't say the hive has set its standards to accept the bottom of the barrel, or ideally not, anyway. I believe it accepts mediocre, and aims to improve the bottom of the barrel. It supposed to be the middle-ground between WC3C and Epicwar. However, we know ideals never work to plan.

I didn't realise he was given okay reviews, either, probably because we don't have the power to browse rejected resources (I think). I don't know how reviews work here, though. Maybe if he actually does post in map discussion it'll be different.

Finally, I have hope. I may not believe it, but I hope he will. Consider it like Faith, almost. Everyone starts at some form of grassroots, some just start out more capable than others.

Last edited:
Level 14
V.I said:
Finally, I have hope. I may not believe it, but I hope he will. Consider it like Faith, almost.
Way too melodramatic for my tastes.
V.I said:
Everyone starts at some form of grassroots, some just start out more capable than others.
You mean some people start with the capacity and willingness to learn and others don't.

Level 9
I have to kind of say, you should definitely help people, but there is no reason that any of his maps should have been approved at all. He should be given links to the rules, told to read them, and that's that.

The thing is, he strikes me as young. Under 13. I disagree that he can be helped at all at his current age.

Status
Not open for further replies.