• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why doesnt this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Well, why doesnt this action work? no damage and no special effect on the units i have picked, and yes i know it leaks, but nvm that if its not relevant
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to False))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Level 22
I never use (matching conditions) like that and I may be right because, I did it like that, using a dummy ability of thunder clap and it works just fine, with special effect and everything. I'm using a ready dummy Unit ability here from my map but you can make it with conditions if level = 1 to cause strengt x1 dmg or if level 2 to cause str x 2 dmg. etc Just paste it from this map. Hope it helps.

• Request 02
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Request 02
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)) x 1))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions

Attachments

• 01 Request Map.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.