• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why can't I use the skin?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Sorry to bother al you with this stupid noobish question, but how do I use a skin in the game?!?

Is the path the excact path of the model?

Example :
I want to use Pins' Lobster Crypt Lord skin. I import it, right? So then I put in the path :
Units\Undead\HeroCryptLord\HeroCryptLord.blp = Didn't work
Textures\HeroCryptLord.blp + Didn't work

I need help here please...

Level 16
Open it in wc3viewer's listfile in treeview under BLP, which means find the original skin in the MPQ, for each little +/- button there is a \, except for obvious areas, and if THAT doesn't work, open CL model and press CNTRL+M for the texture paths, but that one doesn't always work

Level 11
probably wont work

well first of all are you using war3x and did u pull it out on the desktop cause ur to lazy to search for mpqs(lol i did that once and kept wondering why it wouldnt play frozen throne.)second did u do \ or /? u know that u need to use \.hope i helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.