1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Whispers in the Dark Request: Parasite Beast

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Grievous1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not bad :) the another request creature is from dead space i think his name is "Necromorph" but this is not important ^^.
    [​IMG]

2. Wintermute

Wintermute

Resources:
    Resources:
    You might want to brighten the atmosphere. It's a little too dark, even when within vision. I know it's supposed to be dark, but still..
    And.. IS THAT A SKULL!?

3. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well I'll see about maybe doing the other request after I finish the first, you are 90% done with your map so it shouldn't be a problem to help out once more.... the other model should be simpler then the first anyhow.

Here's another update screenshot on the skin, I'm only able to do very little each night after work but I'll have the skin finished tomoro and start animating :thumbs_up:

Screeny 2009.05.01.00.24.08.png

4. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sooo awesome and thank you very much for the +rep :)

5. Wintermute

Wintermute

Resources:
    Resources:
    You might want to add a little blood stains on his white carapace.

6. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ok this is what the static model looks like finished, hope it suits your map. Next step is to animate :wink:

parasiteskin.png

7. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep I think thats very usefull for my map :)! I hope you can finish the animations soon. I can't wait :D

8. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awesome, glad you like it. Here's something else I just spent the last hour on -

surprise.png

:grin:

9. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What the fuck sorry but this is a good surprise for me :D I love your work! But can you combined the legs?

Edit: And good news I´m working on the last Suit Update System for Witd and in addtion on a new Launch Trailer :D

10. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    do you mean make it so he has 1 leg or....?

11. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm yes

12. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    like this?

1leg.png

13. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah I like it but can you change his body position in order to make the body lower like the picture?

14. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    yup, can do. I'm looking forward to seeing a new trailer for the map :thumbs_up:

15. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That makes me happy :)

16. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ok I got busy again the last few days catching up with friends and family, but I managed to fit in skinning and boning the model to ready it for animation. I should get a few anims done a night from here and it hopefully won't be long until completetion. It's just taken me so long so far because every time I get a minute to work on it something else comes up.... but anyhow here's a screenie of a (slightly) different pose testing the bones

parasitemove.png

17. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats no problem for me but I hope you can finish the animations soon and give me more updates from the another model :D

18. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    haha well tonight's update comes with a bit of bad news mixed in with the good.

The bad news is that I started to animate the parasite beast after work today, did some stand animations and then tried to export it... just to find my model had faults and wouldn't export :bored: I quickly found out tho the problem was just with attaching the hip spikes to the appropriate bones (phew!) which was a 30 second fix... but now I have to start the animations all over :thumbs_down:

....but as far as bad news go, that's nothing to worry about. I've tested it again and it exports fine so it will be smooth sailing from here.

The good news, however, is great. Besides the stuff up, animating will take me no time at all. If I do a couple of animations a night I should have it done before the weekend, and then all I have to do is add a few attachment points to finalize the model. On top of that the second model won't take as long as this one.... I've already got the static model and it's uv map done (uv mapping is the thing I hate most, I can only do it for 15 minutes before I start pulling my hair out and walk away from the computer lol), and considering how much simpler this model is I'm guessing it will take me a week at most to complete.

I have a question for you though... are you good with jass? Jass is the only thing I haven't bothered to learn about warcraft modding... I've spent too much time learning modelling etc. to be bothered. Can you do things like complicated mui spells and implement knockback systems? If so then maybe I could get you to help with a project I want to start once I have your models done (and you have released whispers ofcourse) :wink:

19. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi I have some jass/vjass and gui experiences though... i havent never before made a spell because i make only shooting maps in addtion in my opinion my english/grammar is to bad for a good project communication! ;( but I'm working on my language problem in the future. The good news are i have good experiences with knockback systems and i have time after my project.

20. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ok sorry I haven't updated you recently but I've been working on the exploding zombie and I only have about a day or 2 left until it's done. Here's a screenshot I hope you like it

boomscreen.png boomscreen2.png boomscreen3.png