• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whispers in the Dark Request: Parasite Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Website%20Logo.png

Hi, I need a beast like this:
dead-space-20080925032429633-000.jpg

Another Request:
dead-space-20080925032431758-000.jpg

for my Space Shooter Survival Project: Whispers in the Dark (WITD) please help me.
I give you credits and a +rep for your work!

Last edited:
Level 10
That concept pic is obviously from another game, what game? Does the model you want have to be exactly like that or just similar in concept? also, how is this enemy supposed to act? Does it do spitting ranged attacks, or is it a melee beast or what?

>>> answering these kind of questions will help you get the model done, because noone really wants to copy another game unless they like that game, and how its supposed to act will affect how its animated etc.

I might take a shot at making this, I'm only new at animating models but it looks kind of fun, I just wanna know if I can deviate from the concept a little to make it more personal rather then a copied character.

Level 10
lol I haven't helped you yet, don't thank me too soon :p I liked dead space, one of the few recent games worth finishing, I just can't remember this thing for the life of me (unless it's supposed to be the unkillable crossbreed thing, but I remember that looking more human)

ok well I've still got a day of work to go this week and then I'm planning to spend the weekend in so I'll give it a shot :thumbs_up:

just one more question, is this thing big like a boss or human sized?

I'm thinking animation wise if it is big I should give it a 'spell slam' animation where it stomps the ground with it's front limbs, and a 'spell' animation of some kind of roar where it lifts it's head and front limbs into the air.

Level 10
ahhh cool, so providing I can successfully do everything I'm implying, do you think it would be a cool idea that for it's spell animation that i mentioned where it leans back and roars, perhaps its ribcage can open up so you could spawn a few more of these guys from it's body? I think that would be a wikid twist in a war 3 map

Level 10
That beta screenshot looks nice, seems like you are putting heaps of effort in to give the map the right feel.... which is something survival horrors always lack. nice work

... I'm a bit behind schedule with the model. I planned to stay in this weekend but I ended up doing more then I do on most normal weekends. Anyhow, I've got the mesh completed and I'm just starting on the uv map now, so I'll be able to get the texture done during the week and I'll look to have the anims done by sometime next weekend. I'll post a screenshot once I have the texture done

Here's a w.i.p. screenshot - parasite.pngparasite2.png

Last edited:
Level 10
hello, sorry it's been taking so long I never expected to be so busy this month. I wasn't quite happy with how the model was turning out so I remodeled parts of it and so I've had to re-do the uv map..... which is something I really hate doing :mad: but anyways now that's over I can finally do the texturing and then animating. Drawing the texture won't take me much time at all so I'll have some updates soon, thx for being patient

Level 14
Its ok :) but I have a another problem/request the last enemy in witd (I hope a person can help me with this beast its should be like a <acronym title="Warcraft 3">wc3</acronym> villager and needs a Death (Explode), stand and attack (with his left arm) animation <,< I give you credits and + reps for your work!
dead-space-20080925032431758-000.jpg
in addtion i have good news the project is by 90% and now I post some Creature and Marine Pictures:
Marine.PNG

Ghost.PNG

Light_Marine.PNG

Heavy_Marine.PNG

Elite_Marine_new.png

Medic.PNG

Infected.2.PNG

Fat_Infected2.PNG

Flesh_Pounder.PNG

Last edited:
Level 10
that new model request reminds me of devil may cry 3 I think. Anyways I just thought I'd show you a w.i.p. of the skin to show the direction I'm heading in. This is still an early shot but u get the idea (obviously all the black parts aren't done and the teeth will be sharp using transparency)

Screeny 2009.04.29.01.02.47.png

Level 5
You might want to brighten the atmosphere. It's a little too dark, even when within vision. I know it's supposed to be dark, but still..
And.. IS THAT A SKULL!?

Level 10
Well I'll see about maybe doing the other request after I finish the first, you are 90% done with your map so it shouldn't be a problem to help out once more.... the other model should be simpler then the first anyhow.

Here's another update screenshot on the skin, I'm only able to do very little each night after work but I'll have the skin finished tomoro and start animating :thumbs_up:

Screeny 2009.05.01.00.24.08.png

Level 14
What the fuck sorry but this is a good surprise for me :D I love your work! But can you combined the legs?

Edit: And good news I´m working on the last Suit Update System for Witd and in addtion on a new Launch Trailer :D

Level 10
Ok I got busy again the last few days catching up with friends and family, but I managed to fit in skinning and boning the model to ready it for animation. I should get a few anims done a night from here and it hopefully won't be long until completetion. It's just taken me so long so far because every time I get a minute to work on it something else comes up.... but anyhow here's a screenie of a (slightly) different pose testing the bones

parasitemove.png

Level 10
haha well tonight's update comes with a bit of bad news mixed in with the good.

The bad news is that I started to animate the parasite beast after work today, did some stand animations and then tried to export it... just to find my model had faults and wouldn't export :bored: I quickly found out tho the problem was just with attaching the hip spikes to the appropriate bones (phew!) which was a 30 second fix... but now I have to start the animations all over :thumbs_down:

....but as far as bad news go, that's nothing to worry about. I've tested it again and it exports fine so it will be smooth sailing from here.

The good news, however, is great. Besides the stuff up, animating will take me no time at all. If I do a couple of animations a night I should have it done before the weekend, and then all I have to do is add a few attachment points to finalize the model. On top of that the second model won't take as long as this one.... I've already got the static model and it's uv map done (uv mapping is the thing I hate most, I can only do it for 15 minutes before I start pulling my hair out and walk away from the computer lol), and considering how much simpler this model is I'm guessing it will take me a week at most to complete.

I have a question for you though... are you good with jass? Jass is the only thing I haven't bothered to learn about warcraft modding... I've spent too much time learning modelling etc. to be bothered. Can you do things like complicated mui spells and implement knockback systems? If so then maybe I could get you to help with a project I want to start once I have your models done (and you have released whispers ofcourse) :wink:

Level 14
Hi I have some jass/vjass and gui experiences though... i havent never before made a spell because i make only shooting maps in addtion in my opinion my english/grammar is to bad for a good project communication! ;( but I'm working on my language problem in the future. The good news are i have good experiences with knockback systems and i have time after my project.

Level 10
heres an update screenshot of the basic zombie... it looks kind of crap (well I hate it anyhow lol) but should look ok in game. I'm up to the animating stage with this one, and I'll edit it a bit to do the fat one. I decided to make this one look a bit more like the parasite beast, so they look related lol. I'll give it glowing eyes n stuff when it is done

basicbeast.png

Status
Not open for further replies.