• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where's the population?!

Where are you playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Europe but I am playing mainly Dota-league that is restricted to private games so the games wont show up in the custom game list.

And some people are playing @Garena but the loss of people might also be cause wc3 is getting a bit old.

You still find ladder games pretty quickly if you queue up to random 1on1 so its not that dead really.

Level 19
To me, there are many players in Battle.Net, and the number has been recently increasing too, so don't worry, it's very highly populated on every server:)

There are several other servers too (I usually get on Battle.Net though, I find it the best option):
Ranked Gaming Client
Bored Aussies
Garena
Hamachi
Other Small Servers

But yeah, the most 'legal' and best place to be for me would be Battle.Net, so rest assured Warcraft III is still very much populated.

Level 19
Although, you can find me on US West most of the time, but I'll just choose the rest of the options since I do play on those servers a lot too.

Level 8
Azeroth [US East]. I'm noticing fewer people each time I log on. Not just in the games, but also on the entry screen telling you how many people are online playing WC3:TFT vs. other BNet games. I assume the players have moved to SC2, died, or are as good as dead.

//\\oo//\\

That's how I feel about it. Is sc2 really worth the money for the map making portion of it? :)

Well note game making
Sc2's quite powerful (almost too powerful for some people) for someone who'd like a fairly simple portal into game creation, but if you plan on ever taking your idea to another level it's probably best to skip (but really, if you were that serious you'd most likely already been learning to tools of the trade anyway).

Level 19
Don't you mean your notebook?
Anyways, whether it's map making or game making, as long as one is committed to it, I'm sure the map'll turn out great:)
Oh, and the good news for the day is that Warcraft III's population just increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.