• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where i can find 'Unit has ABILITY NAME equal to true/false'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Unfortunately there isn't something exactly as you said, but here's what you can do which is pretty much the same:

• (Level of Cripple for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
This works, because if the ability level is below 1, then the unit doesn't have it.

It's not a stupid question really, although it is stupid that Blizzard didn't include a simple function for it.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Unfortunately there isn't something exactly as you said, but here's what you can do which is pretty much the same:

• (Level of Cripple for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
This works, because if the ability level is below 1, then the unit doesn't have it.

It's not a stupid question really, although it is stupid that Blizzard didn't include a simple function for it.

thats what i have already said.

Level 7
thats what i have already said.

Notice I posted 2 minutes after you, I take time with my posts (not my best asset :hohum:). Therefore I didn't see you post before I posted. Otherwise I would have let it be.

Actually i found another way that works better for my situation - i used

• (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Flexible paws [Bear]
But thanks anyway! :)))

That's cool too. Still, if you want to do this for a regular unit, i.e. not a Hero, I think Spinnaker's and my suggestion would be better.

Level 14
Actually nothing worked! (rofl) :D my trigger is here, help?

• Bear Flaxible paws
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Flexible paws [Bear] for (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, right of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\TrollBerserk\TrollBeserkerTarget.mdl
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26

• Bear Flaxible paws
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, right of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\TrollBerserk\TrollBeserkerTarget.mdl

What you exactly want your trigger to do? and btw don't use 0,01 periodic, 0,03 or 0,05 is smooth enough.
You havent specify Picked unit and attacking unit.
Trigger's event is a time event so it does not know what is picked nor attcking unit.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
If its hero use event Hero gains new ability, and refer to ability via condition Learned hero still, what u mentioned above.
Then add action: Create a special effect.
Choose create special effect on unit one, and fill fields like this:

as attachments strings use: hand,right choose an unit you want a special effect added to and choose the special effect itself now.

If its unit, how they get this ability?
via upgrade, trigger ect..?

Level 14
It is a hero. But i can't find Hero gains new ability, all i found was Unit - Unit gains new ability, and if i use Unit - Unit gains new ability - the trigger isn't working.. :(

this is the trigger:

• Bear Flaxible paws
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Last edited:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
It is a hero. But i can't find Hero gains new ability, all i found was Unit - Unit gains new ability, and if i use Unit - Unit gains new ability - the trigger isn't working.. :(

this is the trigger:

• Bear Flaxible paws
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
    • Actions

use Triggering unit instead of attacking unit, and its now better to use Learned skill condition.

Level 17
Cant you just create an attachment via effect which will last forever? Oh or is that only with passives that it works like. +0armour item bonus

Level 7
Pretty sure that's only passive stuff, I haven't seen it with any other spell. Although, it might be possible with the oh-so-powerful Channel ability, I'll have to take a squiz sometime.

Level 33

• Bear Flaxible paws
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Based on your trigger above, your interval Event is too short, change to 0.03 for better gaming experience.

Next, you used a Conditions to check (Picked unit) but for your Actions, you used (Attacking unit), the hell is this ?

Attacking unit is a response towards an Event related to "A unit Is attacked", but in this case, your Event is time-interval Event which has no relation at all with (Attacking unit), this same goes for (Picked unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.