• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's up with pony stuff o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Now really, I can see problems in pony thingies, and I will list some of them:

First of all, new members think this is a gay site, which is actually not strange at all because every third member who is high repped or who has a lot of posts has a pony picture. Come on, is this Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 Site, or a pony site? Go visit 4chan.com or whatever it's called and spam pony stuff there, keep the hive away from it.

Second, if this pony madness continiues, no more nice green Night Elf screen, but a purple with rays and stuff. If you really are to animals, watch Nyan cat...

Also, why ponies? Why not Transformers, Pokemons (talking random stuff, not stuff I like) or any other things?

Yeah, I know I will get some negative rep, but after all, it will proove how gay it is to be a pony fan on a warcraft 3 stuff, so, I do not mind at all. It will be an actual + for this thread.

Just don't bother me with "wrong section", because it clearly says "Comment our site,...", so, there is nothing wrong with this thread.

Oh how could I also forget another problem, off topics in other thread, you guess it, pony stuff-off topic stuff...

And, how can you say that someone is serious, and wishes to help you in map/modelling/skinning pretty much anything if he/she has pony avatar/signature?

Well, that would be enough of me, it's not that I am trying to offend the whole THW, so, yeah I will end with this thread. And another thing, if I don't get -rep, then this thread will probably be closed. But I got a good reason why it should NOT be closed. Simply, at least to give me a good reason for all this madness. Once it's answered, it will be closed by a pony-fag, as allways.

fads come and go

For a moment there I thought you said "fags"

First of all, new members think this is a gay site, which is actually not strange at all because every third member who is high repped or who has a lot of posts has a pony picture. Come on, is this Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 Site, or a pony site?

This

At the end of the day, it's just another meme.. it'll die out..

OT: But Trollface and F.A.G will never die ! :D

Level 11
haters_gonna_hate_pony_version_by_icebreak23-d47h4vx.gif

So you're complaining that people are using what, pony avatars? Have pony related signatures?
Hell son, atleast we kept most of the imagery in one thread.
I believe you're mature enough to ignore the images and the memes. If you don't like them, then just keep scrolling.

Also, from what I understand, Ralle isn't a brony. Therefore, you don't have to worry about this becoming ThePonyWorkshop.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Holy crap. You're so immensly stupid it hurts. It was a pun, genius. You are butthurt if you have a ridiculously strong emotional reaction to petty and irrelevant matters. Your butt hurts from anal sex. Get it? So, while we've established that you're not responding to classic punnery, let's strike at the crux of the matter, shall we?

Gay = guy who loves boys = guy who loves girl stuff
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation which constitutes attraction to the same sex. It's not a fucking personality disorder and it has no direct correlation to effeminancy.

First of all, new members think this is a gay site, which is actually not strange at all because every third member who is high repped or who has a lot of posts has a pony picture.
Great. If they're so petty and immature that they can't deal with something so damn silly, good fucking riddance. Honestly, if pony avatars could keep this site clean of moronic bigots then we might as well add fairies to the equation to make it more explicit.

Also, why ponies? Why not Transformers, Pokemons (talking random stuff, not stuff I like) or any other things?
I don't know, why do things happen?

Yeah, I know I will get some negative rep, but after all, it will proove how gay it is to be a pony fan on a warcraft 3 stuff, so, I do not mind at all. It will be an actual + for this thread.
How exactly does this prove anything, praytell?

And, how can you say that someone is serious, and wishes to help you in map/modelling/skinning pretty much anything if he/she has pony avatar/signature?
How big of a fucking impact do avatars have on you, really? I guess we can conclude that users without avatars don't exist then.

Simply, at least to give me a good reason for all this madness. Once it's answered, it will be closed by a pony-fag, as allways.
I think this has been answered like a gizillion times already.

So in conclusion, ignore it and let it die out.

Last edited:
Level 22
What is this i don't even.

How many threads about this pony thing are you guys going to start? I know many hate it, but it's a frikken meme, you can't do anything about it. If anything you're giving the whole thing more publicity.

Just be patient. After some time it won't be so funny any more.

Vunjo

Level 14
I haven't seen any of other threads that are like this one o_O

Also, Fladder, there are tons of idiots in this world. It will come to a conclusion that every site, every game, every single thing will must have idiots in order to surive, if you didn't know that...

And

"How exactly does this prove anything, praytell?"

And you tell me that I am dumb....

If I make an Anti-Pony thread, then maybe get negative rep by a pony fag because of that, how can you say it does not prove that this is a ThePonyWorkshop!?

Vunjo said:
If you really are to animals, watch Nyan cat...

And watch your argument fall apart right there (as if it ever had much weight anyways).
I could point out so many things wrong with your many points in your post, but that'd be beating a dead horse into the ground.

Instead of getting ethical or looking like a self righteous douche I'll just leave you with this:

Members of the site are free to set their avatars and signatures to whatever they like so long as they fit in the rules, deal with it.

Level 17
If I make an Anti-Pony thread, then maybe get negative rep by a pony fag because of that, how can you say it does not prove that this is a ThePonyWorkshop!?

If you do get negrep because of this thread it will because of two reasons:
  1. You're an idiot.
  2. You are pretty hating on people for liking their own things, and calling them homosexual because they like things for little children. That's like saying you can't like Pokemon, you can't like Spongebob, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE FUCKING DO.
And also stop calling people fags.
Clean up your act.

can i make an "anti-stupid" thread? there seems to be a lot of those around here lately

the word you are looking for is bias. and let me explain it to you by showing it in examples that do not work

IF i kill a child, i cant be persecuted by anyone who has been a child because that would be wrongful persecution because people would be bias

If i was a nazi, and i went to israel and blew up a school, i cant be persecuted because them israelis are bias against nazis. i am totally guiltless

so on and so forth

If you do get negrep because of this thread it will because of two reasons:
  1. You're an idiot.
  2. You are pretty hating on people for liking their own things, and calling them homosexual because they like things for little children. That's like saying you can't like Pokemon, you can't like Spongebob, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE FUCKING DO.
And also stop calling people fags.
Clean up your act.

NOBODY BE RESPECTING SPONGEBOB. THAT SHIT BE GOLD

Vunjo

Level 14
Yeah I know I was a little arrogant, so I apologize

What Wherewolf said is correct, but maybe there is a little too much of same stuff, that is the point of this thread, but okay. At least you are not asking for fight like the others, so I have nothing else to say.

@MADAWC, I allow people to love anything, but keep it in the Pony thread, and do not talk about ponies on other threads, that is 2. reason why I made this thread.

Level 17
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

well if you don't like something leave it alone.
obvious recycled common sense is obvious.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
I say we add a new rule:

-Memes are allowed to stay on The Hive for one month most, especially if they are extremely gay. Any users using memes after one month the first example showed up will be lynched, crucified and decapitated.

Level 22
images

Tee heee hee. I knew this thread would turn into a 'hot' discussion the moment it started. I am out of juice, as I argued to the extent of flamming with some other guys, mostly crazy guys on another forum about conspiracies and decided to calm myself down. But not really, this thread didn't offend me even little, I find it amusing xD

I think Pyritie should make a whole ponies forum and also a pinkie pie skin for the forums. Must be pink or it won't be gay!

So I will just smile with or without popcorn. ;>

Vunjo

Level 14
@Madawc

I guess that is correct

@Narrat0r

Everything must have limits, especially if it actually affects the looks of the site

@Imtor

I didn't even mean to offend anyone with this thread. Who would offend 82734283764 users with Ponies? That is a clear win for you...
And I do not think that I said anyone is gay, it's just that you are doing/posting gay stuff, and again I DO NOT MIND IT in pony threads. But I do mind it in other threads...
Geezus, yes I know I am idiot but you all are as well if I have to shout something for 3. time for you to understand what I meant to say -.-

EDIT: A pony picture in anti-pony thread. Don't know if trolling, or just stupid.

Level 20
And... so ... lol ... Where in the hive rules does it say it's wrong to be 'gay' or talk about 'gay' things? I know it says:

Discrimination
Even though race and other personal details can be masked in this environment, do not post racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory messages.

You sir are breaking that rule, pony posters are not, to the best of my knowledge breaking any rules, if they annoy you that much, leave or just learn to live with it. Sheesh. Neither are they all gay and if they were, please see the above rule and realise, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay.

Making rules specifically about things like this is ridiculous, and shows weakness in the rules. Good clear rules should work universally and be fair to all parties involved. If you keep adding new rules every time something pops up the rules will look like a joke:
-no ponies
-no ducks
-no planking
-no hipsters

etc. etc.

Eventually no one will be able to take the rules seriously and that'd reflect poorly on the site.

Narrator said:
I say we add a new rule:

-Memes are allowed to stay on The Hive for one month most, especially if they are extremely gay. Any users using memes after one month the first example showed up will be lynched, crucified and decapitated.

Do you intentionally word that in the most laughably idiotic way possible? It almost seemed like you were trying to make a valid point there for a second.

Vunjo said:
I didn't even mean to offend anyone with this thread. Who would offend 82734283764 users with Ponies? That is a clear win for you...
And I do not think that I said anyone is gay, it's just that you are doing/posting gay stuff, and again I DO NOT MIND IT in pony threads. But I do mind it in other threads...
Geezus, yes I know I am idiot but you all are as well if I have to shout something for 3. time for you to understand what I meant to say -.-

Let me respond to this with your own words:

Vunjo said:
Don't know if trolling, or just stupid.

As I have already said, users are free to set their avatars and signatures to whatever they'd like. As pony reaction images, I'm not going to bother removing an image or punishing a user for it's occasional use, get over it - people have different interests and people are bound to post things you may not be interested in so you can't start complaining about every little thing, if a user is spamming pony images in a thread feel free to report it because that is actually violating the rules of the site. I will respond to reports like these as objectively as possible; I'm here to help keep the site running not, to post ponies.

As for the image of the site, seriously..... you're going to say the site's gay because there's a semi large brony populace among the active users? If that's enough to scare off a user from the site, do we really want said user here because it's obvious they're not very devoted to the game community if they can't deal with an audience that's fairly common among it.

Vunjo said:
And I do not think that I said anyone is gay, it's just that you are doing/posting gay stuff

Posting ponies isn't gay, for gay I direct you to Lioness's post:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1996769-post25.html
Which features two male cowboys that are sharing an intimate moment with each due to their love interest in one another. Note that is too also perfectly within the confines of the site's rules.

You see the reason anti-pony threads don't work out well isn't because it's ponies, it's because anti-threads in general aren't productive in any fashion and lead to pointless flaming - any thread based upon hatred is a ticket to discord among the forum and as a moderator it is my job to prevent pointless discord. Also note that anti threads are generally based upon the dislike of certain people or a person, and that too is not only an invitation for flaming and trolling but is against the rules:

Rules said:
Discrimination
Even though race and other personal details can be masked in this environment, do not post racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory messages.

Flaming
Deliberately hostile or insulting messages are not allowed.

Stop acting like your victimized because so many users like ponies, I intend to do my job and do it from an objective, fair position and so far I've gotten a lot more reports from users flaming users for posting ponies then (legitimate, and by legitimate I mean the user is clearly violating the rules with their post and not just a "I don't like ponies get ponies off this board" sort of report) reports for posting ponies.

I have left this thread open for now because it wasn't causing issues and there was the possibility that it could be solved in a peaceful manner, but now it's leading to flaming and thus I need to close it - not because it's anti-pony, but because it's a flame/trollfest that doesn't need to happen.

So basically in summation:

If you don't like ponies, deal with it - so long as users choose to post ponies and do it in a manner that isn't causing widespread spam and excess outside of the pony thread no action need be done. That'd be like complaining every time someone posts a "yo dawg" image because you personally don't like Pimp my Ride, or reporting an RP group because you personally don't like roleplaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.