• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you think of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
... this new skin iv'e made? When I was skinning it I discovered this usage of burn and dodge tools with photoshop and it resulted in a skin much better than ive made before.

Im not uploading an image of it in-game becouse I only want you to give feedback on the drawing, not how good the unit looks with it

Hero_BloodelfDARK.jpg

Level 4
It looks nice from what I can see but if you don't post the wrap it's really hard to tell...:confused:

EDIT: Hair could use some more work though. :D

Last edited:
Level 6
It looks nice from what I can see but if you don't post the wrap it's really hard to tell...:confused:

EDIT: Hair could use some more work though. :D

As I said I want to hear what you think of the drawing... you dont need to see it wrapped

And yeah I was abit lazy on the hair, just making it black and adding some red stripes.. But I didnt think that the hair was such important

Level 4
As I said I want to hear what you think of the drawing... you dont need to see it wrapped

And yeah I was abit lazy on the hair, just making it black and adding some red stripes.. But I didnt think that the hair was such important

I know, it's just my curiousity. :p The hair doesn't matter that much I don't think, I'm not much of a skinner but when that gets in game I think it might just look like a black blob.

Level 45
1. DO NOT USE BURN AND DODGE. You have barly any control over them.

2. If you used smudge, DO NOT!

3.Try using the normal brush tool and shade by selecting a shade rather than letting those tool do the work. Oh..and a skin isnt a drawing =_=

4. Its abit blurry, not bad, iv seen alot worse, will you finish it?

5. Your from cbs eh?

Level 18
The face looks decent, sharpen it up a bit and re-work the rest of the skin...

I like to grayscale the image, build up the textures, shapes, and shading.
its easier then to add color to make it look pretty on another layer.

smudge is not a bad tool to use, if you use it correctly. Not to heavy and sharpen after.

Use shades of colors at low opacities to change the light and dark areas on a skin, i generally use black and white at 3% opacity at the size of 2 pixels to do the grayscale work.

Level 6
1. DO NOT USE BURN AND DODGE. You have barly any control over them.

2. If you used smudge, DO NOT!

3.Try using the normal brush tool and shade by selecting a shade rather than letting those tool do the work. Oh..and a skin isnt a drawing =_=

4. Its abit blurry, not bad, iv seen alot worse, will you finish it?

5. Your from cbs eh?

you are pretty retarded

Level 12
Stop flaming.

Smudge can be used for certain styles, but I find smudge ruins more realistic skins. Learning to shade with colors would be a great help to your skin qualities because actual objects are not just one color with different brightness/darkness, they have reflections and other colors throughout them.

Level 45
Im getting sick of people not just from wc3c communities insulting me even when im trying to help. Im also your partner in that panderan project, god..dont you remember me?

And i suggest using no smudge, you would only need it if you can properly use it, and that takes ages to do that, and in my opinion its not worth it since you can have more control over what you create when you manually do it. You can ask TDR, or even follow hes shading tut to avoid smudge here:
http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=82083

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.