• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Werewolf Revamped 1.0g

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

This map is based off the original Werwolf by carpe_noctem from 2005 or so.
That guy hasn't been here since 2005 either (if it even is the same person) so I don't think there's a way to ask for his permission.

I decided to upload this map because I neither liked Werewolf Advanced which changed alot of stuff to the worse (imho) nor Werewolf Transylvania which has nothing to do with the original anymore.

Anyhow, these are the things I changed:
- Removed all cheats
- Restored limitations of certain structures
- Removed leaks
- Made it so a new werewolf is chosen if the werewolf leaves
- Made there werewolf a little stronger
- Added my weather system from Life of a Hero

Gameplay

You and 7 other farms came to this land to build a booming village, but one of you will turn into a horrible creature at night - a werewolf, killing cattle and infecting others, threatening your very existance, and becoming stronger every night.

Try to find out who the beast is, and kill it while you still can!

Screenshots will be added as soon as I get to play a good game.

Keywords:
werwolf, werewolf, monster, survival, survive, hunt
Contents

Werewolf Revamped 1.0g (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/13 22:21:46 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Rejected Rating: 0/5 Rep Received: 0Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/13 22:21:46
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 0/5
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Lacking Description: Template
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Also those aren't a lot of changes to qualify it as an acceptable mod.

Level 13
@Vengeancekael: Right I forgot to add a description... updated.
But why should I use a preview image? Just because all the oh so great maps use one? It's just increasing filesize and not really necessary.
Many great maps don't have one.
@-Kobas-: If I added locust to critters it would be hard for the werewolf to target them. Just build them a little off the rest of your town, then they won't bother you a lot.
Other models and icons? Unnecessary.
Terrain? This is a not a terraining showcase. The terrain is average and nostalgic, if you know the original map.

This map is supposed to be fun and classic, not fancy, and should merely be a bug- and cheat-free version of the original which I didn't find here and which I liked to play very much.

Btw, werewolf transylvania has a lot more changes but I think they mostly just made the map worse and I didn't like the gameplay at all.

So much for my opinion, I'll upload the map on EpicWar instead since I'm not willing to change or add anything more.

Hmm icons usually take from 3KB to 15KB, if you import 10 (that's 20) compressed by WE it will increase map size by 50KB (more or less).

Church use Resurrection Stone icon :sad: at least use caste or town hall :)

Hmmm, about game, why not to add some game mods, or difficulties.
Also add hints, I didn't know that about sheep and pings so I found them annoying.
Make farmer hero.

Add more info into unit's tooltips.
Add unique jobs and quests.