• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

web site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Well I use Dreamweaver for my sites. It costs about 1500 australian $ though. It depends alot though on what sought of site you want to make. We can host you here at The Hive using a system Ralle made. All you have to do is select to files and hit submit and it will upload all the files for you. Or if its got nothing to do with wc3 or hive then I would use www.freewebs.com. Freewebs also has a site builder that lets you build a site with no knowledge of html code required. If you want to make your own site from scratch I can help you with that.

Level 4
I already have site on Freewebs and I made site in program called Thunder site deluxe but i have problem with publishing. When i want to publish it i must write Ftp,name,code ....I dont know what means Ftp :oops:
I read manual but i didnt understand it :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:

That site is about Warcraft 3. I want share my maps i know that i can share them on this site but i want my own site.

Level 12
Weird, I never had a problem with freeweb, what errors does it give you and what do you do?

Level 24
I have only used Freewebs once and I had no major problem with it either. Actualy half the reason why I joined freewebs was just to get some of their codes. Well I personaly think that Ralles uploading system is better then Freewebs, as Freewebs only lets you upload one file at a time unless you've got a premiem account.

Level 12
I cannot decide on if I want my DnL guild to go from freewebs or a real website. I think since I will keep it small freewebs is enough, I am not looking to recruit many players. YEs this is somewhat irrelevant to the thread at hand but I did not feel like making a new thread just to say that.

If you want help with the format let me know, I am decent at wording things.

Level 36
I can help with some general things and some of the coding or such things, thats what I like. I use dreamweaver as well, it's a really great program if you have the money for it. Anyway, an FTP program (file transfer protocal? I believe it stands for) Is a program that takes the files off your computer and puts them onto the website whee they will be hosted. Most free webhosting sites have an FTP program built right in to them, especially if they have a web builder, so thats what that does. Let me know if you are having errors or problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.