• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weather System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I want to add weather to my map, but the system I made doesn't seem to work, just like every other trigger I make. I could use a little help. :D

• Heavy Rain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1000.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at (Entire map) the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Heavy)
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove (Last created weather effect)
  • Fog
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1500.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at (Entire map) the weather effect Outland Wind (Heavy)
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove (Last created weather effect)

Level 11
Well since you have multiple weather effects, obviously the "last created weather effect" will only refer to the last created one. You'll want to use a local variable to remove them after the wait.

(if they're not showing up at all, I dunno about that)

As a side note, you'll probably want to use game time waits. Lag in a multiplayer map and I think pausing in a single player map will still have the wait timer count down with a normal wait.

Level 11
And you're waiting the full 16 minutes 40 seconds? (or reducing the time for testing purposes) 1000 and 1500 seconds are a long time.

Every X Seconds events will only trigger at X seconds, X*2 seconds, X*3 seconds, etc. It's not too unreasonable to think it might also trigger at 0 seconds, but that's not how wc3 does it.

If that's not it, then my last guess would be graphics settings. Low settings might disable weather effects.

Last edited:
Level 4
As Kaijyuu say, set variable to a weather. It should like this :

• Heavy Rain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1000.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at (Entire map) the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Heavy)
      • Set heavyrain_weaeff = (Last created weather effect)
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove (heavyrain_weaeff)
and

• Fog
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1500.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at (Entire map) the weather effect Outland Wind (Heavy)
      • Set fog_weaeff = (Last created weather effect)
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove (fog_weaeff)
Note : The Variable must be created before add them to the trigger.
Hopeful this helped you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.