• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weather Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I've got an idea for a spell but I don't want to spend ages triggering it to find out it doesn't work.

So the basic idea is that a blizzard follows the caster for a short time (or as a passive, yet to be decided) and I'm planning on using "Create Weather Effect" within the trigger, but I've never used it before.

The simple stuff is that I would have to periodically move the region to follow the caster, but would the weather effect then follow the region or not? I'm worried that if it doesn't then I'd have to remove and re-create the effect over and over and that may look bad if the periodic trigger is on 0.05 seconds.

Thoughts?

Level 21
You could use a model like this one attached. All I did was slightly edit the rain effect from Monsoon with Magos Model Editor, so it shouldn't be too hard to get it to look the way you want and have it move with your unit as an effect or dummy unit. Then you won't have to worry about all that weather effect crap :prazz:

Attachments

• MonsoonBlizzard.jpg
    MonsoonBlizzard.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 130
  • MonsoonBlizzard.mdx
    1.8 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.