• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Weather Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been trying to implement a random weather change system for my map and if i begin the map with a weather effect initialized my triggers work correctly in removing it, but they can never seem to initialize a new one. The "Environment - create at [location (i used entire map and entire playable area)] the weather effect [effect here]" line just never works!

If anyone knows anything about this problem then please help me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
The Solution to this question is here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39462

This was an unnecessary thread, and ought to be deleted soon... sorry! ><

Last edited:
Level 9

What is strange about weather effects, is that they seem not to show over large areas. You may need to divide your map into smaller regions, then try.

Level 4
Ahh ok, thank you! But could you please explain to me how to "divide my map into smaller regions" i'm very new to trigger manipulation and i don't want my map leaking all over the place, so if you could point me to a tutorial or just do a bit of explaining i'd really appreciate it!

I can guess that i need to make locations, and make a loop triggering the weather for each location, is that right?

Level 5
You could start by making a region about a quarter of the size of your map and see if the weather works there. If it does work just make four regions each covering a quarter of the map and then applying the trigger to each individually.
If this doesn't work try more smaller regions.

Level 4
i've tried making the area only one screen in size and i still get no weather.

Bah! I looked! I really did! i couldn't find anything though. thank you for bringing this to my attention, i will only post further if your thread doesn't solve my problem.

EDIT: Problem solved! I was simply missing the trigger to enable the weather effect that i had just created. It seems foolish to me now. Thank you a ton Gilles! +rep for being helpful and polite about my redundant question! :)

I apologize for posting a previously answered question. I'll look much harder next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.