• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WCIII: A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This idea was inspired by Bal Sagoth in combination with my own varied thoughts etc.
Bal-Sagoth+-+A+Black+Moon+Broods+Over+Lemuria.jpg

That should set the mood.

BACKGROUND

The world of Antedeluvia went through several cataclysmic cycles throughout it's history. Beginning with the arrival of the Star Spawn, leading into the great Atlantean-Lemurian War that ended when the third moon fell burning into the seas...swallowing both continents in a great deluge...Antedeluvia's history is one written in blood, fire, and death. Between such cataclysms are times of peace and prosperity. To date, there hasn't been a cataclysm that effected the world on such a devastating magnitude.

We must remember Lemuria...

Lemuria was a dark continent located in the ocean of Poseid. It was similiar in many ways to it's sister continents Atlantis and Myr except for it's approach to the practice of magic. The Mages of Lemuria practiced a kind of dark sorcery spawned from utilizing the power of one of Antedeluvia's three moons. Such power was so great that only the strongest of the Mages could weild it. As a result, the once-united kingdom of Lemuria became divided amongst three quarrelling nation-states; each led by an all-powerful magician.

Now, Atlantis, on the other hand, was more traditional in terms of it's own magic use; drawing on the knowledge of it's ancestral heritage - the Architects. The Atlanteans were a strong and proud people. However, this pride turned the gleaming kingdom paranoid...especially as Lemuria began to turn the one of Antedeluvia's three moons a vile shade of black and red.

Times became dire when the Black Moon (as it came to be called) began to hang in the sky at all times, constantly surrounded by a aura of black witchfire. The Atlanteans began sending emissaries to Lemuria, threatening war if they did not cease their practices. Likewise, the Lemurians sent emissaries threatening war if the Atlanteans did not leave them alone.

In the center of all this was the neutral continent of Myr. the Myru shared a similar cultural history with Lemuria and Atlantis, having also been descendant from the Architects. Myr remained neutral throughout the conflict but hoped to instead try to act as peace keepers between the two nations. When their negotiations failed....war broke out.

The war lasted for a good century before a small group made up of Atlanteans, Lemurians, and Myru decided to put an end to the fighting by journeying beyond the Citadel of Frosts, past the frost-bound gates of the Black Moon, and to enter the Black Pyramid. Within the Black Pyramid was the Eye of Oranos; the Last Architect whose children sired the kingdoms of Myr, Atalantis, and Lemuria. The Eye of Oranos (a dark crystal) was what channeled the power of the Black Moon into the three Mages. These doomed heroes knew little of the fate that was in store for Atlantis and Lemuria upon removing the Eye...

The Black Moon burst into flames and fell into the seas...swallowing Lemuria and Atlantis...a punishment fitting for all their decadence.

In the aftermath of the Third Cataclysm, the survivors of met on the shores of Valusia...which would later become the capital of the Ancient Elven Empire. There, they shattered the Eye of Oranos into 9 pieces and hid them all across Antedeluvia.

What happened after that is another story altogether.

FACTIONS

Atlantis - A kingdom of proud warriors and artisans loyal to the old magics of the Architects. The Atlanteans bear a close resemblance to the earliest Elves of Valusia. The Atlantean heroes who take the journey to the Black Pyramid are named Theron and Jens; A swordsman and an archer.

Lemuria - A dark and broken kingdom of Mages protected by Ogres and Golems. The Lemurian hero that aids the Atlantean heroes is a rogue named Ramus who knows how to use magic.

Myr- A neutral kingdom of Mages under the protection of the Saurids and Dragons. Instead of a Mage aiding the heroes, a Saurid aids them named Kazash.

TERMS I USED

Architects - the precursors to the Elves and most Magic Users. Aptly named because they knew how to construct stargates as well as how to manipulate reality to construct their own. They have often been called the seed of civilization.

Ogres - These Ogres do not have two heads. if anything, they're more like the Ogres from Dungeons and Dragons. More specifically the Ogre-Mages.

Saurids - Lizard-men. Check out Warhammer Classic's Lizard men for more of an idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's basically what I have so far. Anyone interested, just post here and PM me. thanks!

I'll be doing the music btw. I need map makers, model makers, voice actors, and other fancy stuff.

There's also going to be a sequel to this that introduces new sides and what have you.

Level 9
I checked wikipedia,baldurs gate is an rpg.But since i know very little its hard to imagine.Can you provide some screenies or something?

Level 5
Well considering the map isn't even made yet. I'm merely a humble writer sir. Baldurs gate is a tactical RPG. RTS + RPG = Baldurs Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.