• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 Map size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
As many of you might be aware already some maps can have a size of 480 by 480. This is done by using a special version of the editor etc etc. My question is: Can this size be exceeded (well of course it can but how???) Believe it or not a larger map will be very helpful to me. I hope you guys can give some good feedback even if you dont know what to do. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Well right now the max map size is 480.
But I was able to find jassnewgenpack5d -> umswe -> umswecore.lua code line that say
-- ui world edit data
umswe.applyini(wedata,"WorldEditMisc","MaximumMapSize","480")

Now because I already opened WE more than 1 time, changing that value won't work.
Maybe if you reinstall Jass New Gen and before you start WE for the first time, edit this line here and hope it change anything.

well i tried what you said and it did not work i hope that by reinstalling you mean deleting the whole thing and unzipping it again

Exactly. If that fails next step in experiment will be reinstaling whole game. Because maybe it edited standard we settigs as well (open standrd we and see map size limit). The thing with lua script is that it will be run just one time.

Level 17
the only error i have had is caused by the maximum terrain height and has nothing to do with the map size, i have played many 480 maps with 9-10 people and there was no lag at all. lag is mainly caused by poorly made systems which give the processor and graphics card too much things to handle but thanks for the replies :thumbs_up:

Level 28
the only error i have had is caused by the maximum terrain height and has nothing to do with the map size, i have played many 480 maps with 9-10 people and there was no lag at all. lag is mainly caused by poorly made systems which give the processor and graphics card too much things to handle but thanks for the replies :thumbs_up:

I'm not just talking about playing it, I'm also talking on how to make it, sometimes saving a 480x480 map causes lags and sometimes error on saving it and will corrupt your map(unless when you're using jngp) :psmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.