• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waveform type spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi im currently trying to make a waveform type spell to where its a target type ability like shockwave and u use it and it moves u forward over a few seconds or a second or so doing damage in the aoe u moved through. I figure to do this you use 'Shockwave' as a dummy ability and then some triggering but my triggering buggs out. Anyone got any good methods for this?

Level 6
I just looked for it

Magnus skewer sorta but not the drag effect.. morphlings waveform would be more correct if you know that skill. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Look for a tutorial on how to do a knockback type spell, that might give you an idea on how to trigger the movement. And btw, i wouldn't make the dummy spell be the one that gives the damage, you should trigger that

Level 6
Thanks wolfman. Im making a little adventure map for fun for my younger brother and the first hero choice i made for him is based off the fel beast model. I Foundout a way to make it work decent enough for the map so its fine. It doesnt do any damage though and it has a trigger cooldown since the ability is never really activated.

Level 11
Here, i made the trigs and stuff for you, map attached.
it does dmg too, you can just use shockwave for your purposes. Just make sure the missile speed = 100*(offset/3)
offset being the variable in the init trig, and missile speed is a value for the shockwave spell in object editor
changing the offset variable will change the speed that you move forward
and maxdist is just the maximum distance you go before stopping

Btw, this isnt MUI, so only one unit on the map can use the spell at a time without it malfunctioning

• init
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) move (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to group1
      • Set offset = 30.00
      • Set dist = 0.00
      • Set maxdist = 800.00
  • move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set loc1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set loc2 = (loc1 offset by offset towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • Set dist = (dist + offset)
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to loc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc1)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc2)
            • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • dist Greater than or equal to (>=) maxdist
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from group1
              • Else - Actions

Attachments

• waveform.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.