• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] DotA's Waveform, need help with making spell, using paskovich's waveform trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am trying to add a "Waveform" skill(from DotA) to my map.

Waveform: Causes the hero to, "teleport", move in a line and damage enemies until the hero reaches it's destination.

I have used a trigger paskovich made.

I edited the trigger a little(I made variables for unit group, added remove variable after use, and added a destroy special effects trigger) and here it is:
  • Waveform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Waveform
    • Actions
      • Set WaveformHero = (Triggering unit)
      • Set WaveformHeroPoint = (Position of WaveformHero)
      • Set WaveformTempLoc = WaveformHeroPoint
      • Set WaveformTargetLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set WaveformLength = (Distance between (Position of WaveformHero) and WaveformTargetLoc)
      • Set WaveformCounter = 0
      • Unit - Hide WaveformHero
      • Trigger - Turn on Waveform 2 <gen>

• Waveform 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • WaveformCounter Less than (Integer(WaveformLength))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set WaveformTempLoc = (WaveformTempLoc offset by 75.00 towards (Angle from WaveformHeroPoint to WaveformTargetLoc) degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at WaveformTempLoc using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Set WaveformUnitGroup = (Units within 350.00 of WaveformTempLoc matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in WaveformUnitGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause WaveformHero to damage (Picked unit), dealing (200.00 x (Real((Level of Waveform for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Set WaveformCounter = (WaveformCounter + 75)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_WaveformUnitGroup)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set WaveformHeroPoint = WaveformTempLoc
          • Unit - Unhide WaveformHero
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
The problem is, when I use it ingame, the hero doesn't stop. The hero even goes all the way out the map boundaries/view(though, map doesn't crash).

"WaveformCounter" and "WaveformLength" is supposed to determine how far/how long the spell goes but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what's wrong with the trigger and can help me with this?

Level 6
In the second trigger move the action
behind the 'Unit Group' action and your problem will be fixed.

Taking a closer look at your problem; The WaveformCounter only goes up, when a unit is hit. But in this case, we want that the counter goes up, wether a unit is been hit or not.

Level 6
This spell is already done many times go on News Page - The Helper Forums and search through resources and there you will find it..

Thanks but the trigger I have is nearly finished already.

In the second trigger move the action
behind the 'Unit Group' action and your problem will be fixed.

Taking a closer look at your problem; The WaveformCounter only goes up, when a unit is hit. But in this case, we want that the counter goes up, wether a unit is been hit or not.

Thanks that work.

Now I only have one question left, how do I make it so that the "same unit" can't be damaged twice in one spell cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.