• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I realized it's been awhile since I've done ANY terraining what-so-ever, so I decided to just do a quick something.

This is in NO way my best work-just something I cooked up in under a half-hour.

A small cove with an elf ranger overlooking the area. . .

And YES. . .I know it looks kinda weird with a tree growing out of the rock. . .but I've seen it before. . .and it looks cool =D

Enjoy!

-Deck

Attachments

• Waterfall01.JPG
    Waterfall01.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Waterfall02.JPG
    Waterfall02.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Waterfall03.JPG
    Waterfall03.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Waterfall04.JPG
    Waterfall04.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Waterfall05.JPG
    Waterfall05.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 147
Level 6
Hmm doesnt look to bad, it could need some improvements but iam to lazy to make a list of them now~
Maybe you can try to make the cliff nicer, it looks so weird? blargh? something like that i cant descript it.

And remove the two trees in the first pic...

Level 6
I agree, trees need to go, and add a little more variation to the water with some lighter areas near the shore. Also, rocks are never just rocks near a waterfall, add some grasses and mosses and shade up those rocks a bit (I think thats what Jirinal was talking about)

Level 10
I repeat. . .

I realized it's been awhile since I've done ANY terraining what-so-ever, so I decided to just do a quick something.

This is in NO way my best work-just something I cooked up in under a half-hour.

A small cove with an elf ranger overlooking the area. . .

And YES. . .I know it looks kinda weird with a tree growing out of the rock. . .but I've seen it before. . .and it looks cool =D

-Deck

(in other words meaning "I know it's crap. . .I just wanted to do something in the editor. . .I didn't bother with detail. . ."

Believe me I could write probably a page-long list of what's wrong with it. . .

As for the textures. . .
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=92370

Status
Not open for further replies.