• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warzone v2.1

The year is 2340...Nuclear war has left many of the world's major cities in ruin, all that remains is a few groups of people who survived the nuclear holocaust and several groups of rebels who have built up their strength in an attempt to retake the areas of the world that are still safe to live in. Join in this struggle for power in the first map of this soon to be series.

---------------------------------

- The map plays as a 3rd person shooter.

- Play as a regular Soldier or choose from the 6 playable vehicles by going into a construction yard.

- Thanks to Illidan(Evil)X for several of his great conversions from other games.

(If anyone can make some models of ruined city-type buildings for me, please PM me and let me know as it would greatly improve the look of the map ^^)
---------------------------------

= Gametypes =

- Slayer: A Free for All battle to the death, the first player to 30 kills is declared the victor.

- Team Slayer: A Team version of the Slayer gametype, the first team to accumulate 30 kills wins.

- Juggernaut: A random player is the Juggernaut increasing his health by 3000, upon death the player drops the powers and another player may gain the powers. The first player to accumulate 30 kills wins.

- Deathmatch: A version of the Slayer gametype in which each player has 6 lives, when these 6 lives are depleted the player becomes a Ghost Soldier, you have lost the game at that point but you may seek vengeance on those that who killed you through many spectral ways. The last player standing wins.

- Team Deathmatch: A team version of deathmatch, the same rules apply however your team shares a total of 20 lives, when the lives are depleted your team becomes a group of Ghost Soldiers similar to the Deathmatch type. The last team standing wins.

--------------------------------

Version 2.1 Hotfix

- Fixed the bug where a player already at the construction yard vehicle selection screen would have all dialog buttons dissapear when another player stepped into the construction yard.
Contents

Warzone v2.1 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Nice idea, but the controls are a bit of a pain. Trying to select players with your abilities with the camera not being cooperative makes gameplay a little difficult. Hard to be precise with movements since its still...

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Nice idea, but the controls are a bit of a pain. Trying to select players with your abilities with the camera not being cooperative makes gameplay a little difficult. Hard to be precise with movements since its still click-on-ground-to-move galeplay.

Level 3
23rd century?ok thats why there are mechs going in the game but why nuclear war?i dont know if nuclear war leaves people in poverty but its nice ill give it a try and i will rate it as soon as i finish playing it thanks that Sgt_Johnson has been friends with Illidan(Evil)X since you both will work very well

Level 3
why 8/10? because the controls are so hard and i want arrow keys as movement but awesome not perfect but at least you can improve it by changing the movement controls from standard wc3 style to arrow moving style also left click to fire because i hate clicking on the button and clicking the enemy because it will take soooooooo much time but again this is not a n00b comment so do not think i am a n00b but......... oh never mind just remember that this is NOT a n00b comment.and oh i am sorry thanks to Illidan(Evil)X for the model of the construction yard.

Level 11
The arrow keys are actually bugged atm WCverfrisser, it isn't working with more than 1 player. When I get home from work If I don't work on my new Wc3RPG I will try and get an update of this finally released. Don't quote me though (Sorry sometimes with getting stuff out I'm unreliable because I can't be tied down to one project XD)

Level 10
the controls are like some already said PitA (Pain in the Ass) and the vehicles are feeling unrealistic, also the terrain could need a bit more life, it looks so empty, but the buildings are cool. (helicopters dont feel like helicopters since they fly exactly like a normal soldier walks....)

Level 11
One of my friends is trying to get ahold of some old "ruined" type structures for the map.

I tried to implement an arrow key system but it wasn't working in multiplayer.

A ruined city is supposed to look lively? :p

It isn't a helicopter, its more of a hover jet (No helicoptor blades?)

Level 1
I get blank screen when i move out of the beacon and i totally cannot click anything..a blank screen when choosing the vehicles and disembark screen...please fix that.

change to moving button to W,A,S,D or arrow key or S,Z,X,C, ..and i think they game is near perfection..Just fix the blank screen...because when a player encounter the blank screen..its the end of the game..cannot move ,no option to click,STUCK THERE,not even F9 F8 F7 works

Level 11
The blank screen you commented on happens with this situation:

- A player steps onto the Construction Yard beacon.

- A second player steps onto the Construction Yard beacon.

- The second player chooses their vehicle.

- The dialog buttons in the first player's dialog window dissapear and the first player is unable to do anything.

I'm not sure atm on a way to fix this problem.

*Edit*: I think I just thought of a solution to this problem by activating a variable when the player steps onto the beacon, making other players unable to use it till the first player finishes.

Also please look at the other comments about the arrow key movement system when posting about it.

Level 10
have you tried using WEU for your arrow controls? it is much better than your current controls and maybe for your vehicles you could take a look at Azeroth Grand Prix, and copy the system those vehicles use, to give it a more realistic feeling
also by "a bit more life" i mean more variety, not life, like add more doodads, height differences and maybe a bit more difference so u can orientate yourself better...

Level 4
*read with irish accent* Oi! This game looks so good and has so many comments, but it won't work on Mac comps. u make and the screen goes up, then lags and returns to the LAN lobby. I would really like to play this as I have yet to see a good game like this.