• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarKart_v1.0b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Don your racing gear and prepare to battle to the death on the streets of Dalaran in this Kart Battle game.

Collect power ups to gain various abilities to destroy your opponents with.

Two Modes of Play:
Time Attack: Get the most kills before time runs out.
Death Match: Be the first to reach the kill limit to win.

Controls:
Arrow keys move
Z uses special abilities
Run into power ups to collect them

Suggested Players: 4 - 8 (the more the better)

Keywords:
Kart, Battle, Racing, Mario, War, WarKart, Car, Bike, Speed
Contents

WarKart_v1.0b (Map)

Reviews
15:02, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 14
Sounds like a nice game with unique idea. Testing.

EDIT: Ok, nice idea, though needs some improvement.
The spells were ok, i think. But the annoying thing was that when you cast spells, your cart stops. The Blizzard spell damaged the caster. Some of the spells lagged...
Also maybe give the runes a locust spell so you can't accidentally click them.
The terrain was k, but it needs moar tile variation, enviroment, maybe obstacles, more trees, and doodads.
Good usage of models.
You could add some music like Storm Earth and Fire to make the gameplay more fun. The normal music doesn't suit the map.
A few more things, what are the buttons on the ground for? They don't do anything.
There was a small lagspike every 5 sec, ya might want to fix it.

Well... With some improvement, this map can be very funny.

Level 3
LOVE THE IDEA! IT ROCKS!
Some few tips to note:
1) Make the cart able to hold more spells. 4 spells would be nice
2) Divine and spell shield are the same, since we only able to use spells.
3) Divine and spell shield is kinda too long, maybe decrease the spell duration?
4) Make blizzard affect enemy only. Maybe add in the effect slow to make those behind you slower?
5) Mines can be seen easily on the map and on the screen even though you did not place it. Try to make it invisible and only damages other players
5) Overall is fun keeeeeeep it up. Me and my friend cant wait for the next update!

Btw the buttons on the floor is to activate the bridges. I kinda hate the raised ground and all because the cars are difficult to manuver around that area as you bang the edges frequently. I think either removing the raised ground + complicated buttons replacing it with a bigger area or make it easier to access it would be better. The trees at the corner are also kinda blocky when you do a wrong turn. if you wanna make some greenery, probably add a fence around it?
Even those kinda harshy comments, i still liked this game. Azeroth Grand Prix would be a good map example to learn from since it is also a car game.

Last edited:
Level 10
1. But the annoying thing was that when you cast spells, your cart stops. The Blizzard spell damaged the caster.

2. Also maybe give the runes a locust spell so you can't accidentally click them.

3. You could add some music like Storm Earth and Fire to make the gameplay more fun. The normal music doesn't suit the map.

4. A few more things, what are the buttons on the ground for? They don't do anything.
There was a small lagspike every 5 sec, ya might want to fix it.
1. You're kart doesn't stop, press Z while moving.

2. If I do that then it interferes with a trigger in the game

3. Good Idea

4. The buttons raise and lower the bridges. Also, I don't get lag spikes so maybe it's your computer?

LOVE THE IDEA! IT ROCKS!
Some few tips to note:
1) Make the cart able to hold more spells. 4 spells would be nice
2) Divine and spell shield are the same, since we only able to use spells.
3) Divine and spell shield is kinda too long, maybe decrease the spell duration?
4) Make blizzard affect enemy only. Maybe add in the effect slow to make those behind you slower?
5) Mines can be seen easily on the map and on the screen even though you did not place it. Try to make it invisible and only damages other players
5) Overall is fun keeeeeeep it up. Me and my friend cant wait for the next update!

1. That's an idea, but I was going for the Mario Kart feel, where you only have 1 item at a time.

2. You can still be stunned while have Anti-magic shield, and it only blocks 100 spell damage, doesn't make you invulnerable. They are different.

3. That needs to be tested more.

4. Blizzard is fine as is, in my opinion.

5. Mines are supposed to be visible because they do a lot of damage and are very spammable.

Thanks for the responses.

Level 3
Hm.... the Mario Cart 1 spell is totally different in this situation. Why? Coz Mario Cart is racing, while yours is battling. The spells are also much different too. Mario Cart's spells are most of the time homing and is instantly used once taken. However in WarKart, we gotta go find the enemy and when attacking we gotta get the appropriate spells to use, for example a damaging spell instead of those useless ones like invisibility or blizzard (which seems useless unless someone is chasing you). So having one spell slot is a fuss as there would be not much strategy since all you have in a fight is 1 spell and finding another useful one would take long. Either that or spamming Z all the way in full matches, since runes spawn so fast too.

Level 10
Hm.... the Mario Cart 1 spell is totally different in this situation. Why? Coz Mario Cart is racing, while yours is battling. The spells are also much different too. Mario Cart's spells are most of the time homing and is instantly used once taken. However in WarKart, we gotta go find the enemy and when attacking we gotta get the appropriate spells to use, for example a damaging spell instead of those useless ones like invisibility or blizzard (which seems useless unless someone is chasing you). So having one spell slot is a fuss as there would be not much strategy since all you have in a fight is 1 spell and finding another useful one would take long. Either that or spamming Z all the way in full matches, since runes spawn so fast too.

You have some good points, I'll look into it. I originally had it where you can have up to 4 spells but I ran into some problems. I'll look into it again. Thanks for the feedback, please remember the game is still in its Beta phase.

Level 3
Im really sorry if i did some harsh comments, but this game concept is superb and i would like you to continue improving and updating until is perfect :) I appreciate your hard work on this map, many others too love it when i hosted it on garena. I understand it is in beta stage, so ill try to patiently wait for the next update. Oh, btw i found some bugs during game. But it seems to be solved when you die once after getting the bug. You would get 1 of the following bugs at sometimes, dunno why. Seems to me the cause is pressing too much Z or dying too much
1) Runes give nothing
2) Camera changes to first-person view
Those are not really hell lot of serious bugs, but im just mentioning. To those who wants to try out this game, the chances of you getting this bug is wayyyy low, out of 20 deaths only once bugged, which can be solved most of the time by dying once.

Level 10
Im really sorry if i did some harsh comments, but this game concept is superb and i would like you to continue improving and updating until is perfect :) I appreciate your hard work on this map, many others too love it when i hosted it on garena. I understand it is in beta stage, so ill try to patiently wait for the next update. Oh, btw i found some bugs during game. But it seems to be solved when you die once after getting the bug. You would get 1 of the following bugs at sometimes, dunno why. Seems to me the cause is pressing too much Z or dying too much
1) Runes give nothing
2) Camera changes to first-person view
Those are not really hell lot of serious bugs, but im just mentioning. To those who wants to try out this game, the chances of you getting this bug is wayyyy low, out of 20 deaths only once bugged, which can be solved most of the time by dying once.

Thanks for the feedback, don't worry about harsh comments as long as they are constructive.

1. that should be fixed when you die, I don't know why that happens
2. that is a known bug and I'm still trying to figure out how it happens