• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WARHAMMER FANTASY - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings, first of all I'd like to introduce myself. I am Nalmissrah, a huge fan of Warcraft 3 modeling and art.

I would like to congratulate everyone for this wonderful site, which has been truly helpful and has provided me lots of ideas and awesome models for my scenarios. Of course I will give credits to those geniuses that I borrowed models from.

Anyway, I am not yet satisfied, even though the model database is huge, I havent found few things I'd love to add in one of my scenarios which is about Warhammer (Fantasy).

I havent found a Slann model, one of the most important things for me, 'cause if I ever get to finish it I'll definitely play Lizardmen.
Could anyone suggest me or link me to any interesting Slann decent model?

Or even more, could anyone tell me another site similar to this where I could browse a model database? All kind of help would be truly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Nalmissrah

Level 1
slann_00.jpg

Well, could anyone model this for me?

Thanks

Level 31
The Tales of Raviganion was an old mod for warcraft 3. it replaced all teh current races with new ones, and teh ones that replaced the Night Elves, the Swamp Dwellers, was based heavily on the Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen. The evevn had a special unit that looked like the Slann Priest. If you DL teh mod you can use any MPQ extractor to pull out the model form their special MPQ and use it.
http://warcraft3.filefront.com/file/The_Tales_of_Raviganion;40818#Download

Level 1
I finally got to install the mod and everything was fine. However, when I start a game, game crashes at loading screen, for some reason. An error appears saying "Access violation war3.exe" or whatever.

Anyway, thats not the point of this thread, though I'd like to know how to fix that. What I would like to know is how could I import all the new models from this amazing mod? It would solve my request for a Slann Wizard.

So thats the question, how to import the stuff from that mod?

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, you don't need to play ythe game to get the model out, just an MPQ editor/extractor, like MPQ editen or Magos Model Editor. I asume sense the mod is still up for download, and not protected, that it's not against the rules for me to extract the model, so I went ahead. Rightfeild made the model so give him all the credit. when you extract the zip all the skins are set to the right paths.

Attachments

• SlannKing.zip
    328 KB · Views: 81
Level 1
Ok, thanks a lot for your time, it was really nice of you to extract and even zip it.

One last question, if you dont mind I'd like to ask few questions to someone experienced with this stuff, as this is the first time I am using models and that kind of stuff and to be honest, I am starting to mess my editor up. I'll understand if you dont feel like, you've already done enough, however if we could chat a bit on msn it would be fantastic.

Once again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.