• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Campaign - Bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hey people. I've been replaying the Warcraft 3 campaign on Hard mode, starting with Reign of Chaos, and I've encountered two very strange bugs - one, all gnoll poachers seem to be classified as 'mechanical', and two, some skeleton archers seem to not be Undead, and can not be affected by Holy Light. I did not notice those bugs when I played the campaign much earlier. It seems that it happened due to one of the recent patches. Anyways, I'd like to hear your opinion. I've attached an image of the Gnoll Poacher bug from the 'rescue timmy' optional quest.

Attachments

• Mechaniacl Gnolls.PNG
    Mechaniacl Gnolls.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,510
Level 3
Maybe blizzard made that to make it harder,so that you have to destroy some units without some spells.those bugs weren't in easy mode were they?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Mechanical is just a classification; there's no apparent reason for Gnolls to be classified as mechanical.
As for skeletal archers, I've never run across any not classified as Undead.

You're still passing Arthas's? Good luck defending Hearthglenn. Out of all missions of all Warcraft III campaigns of both Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, the defense of Hearthglenn was the only one I could NEVER beat on Hard.

Here's another bug you'll run across: in the Orc campaign, in the first of the two levels you get to play as Grom and his Warsong Clan, there's an Orc Grunt whose face is not reset after the starting cinematic, and he faces Grom permanently. So, yeah, his face can be turned in a 180º angle. =P

Level 49
Chaos Kodo Beasts are classified as workers(they retreat when attacked and do not fight back), and Chaos Peons are not(they actually send their peons from mining gold to attack me).
In the 'Where Wyverns Dare' mission, Thrall was 'stuck' inside a zeppelin, his button appearing dark(like a second spot taken by a catapult) and I was unable to get him out except by shooting down the zeppelin.
In addition a few other creeps I found were 'mechanical' and some golems in the cave mission(orc campaign) were 'undead'.

Oh yeah. And the "The Awakening of Stormrage" is INSANE.

This is also a technical bump since more than 48 hours have passed since my last post.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It might be due to them changing the clasification of the base units used to make the creep types or typos.

Its just like what happened in diablo II where many drops or baddy spawns are invalid due to typos and so do not happen.

I gave up playing the campaign fairly due to how difficult some stuff is on easy/

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I really do not remember those bugs. I didn't buy Warcraft III that early. Maybe that is why those bugs don't exist for me. I never came across mechanical Gnolls or worker-classified Chaos Kodo Beasts.
As for the "Awakening of Stormrage", if you are playing it on Hard, you can lose no time. You have to pick your initial units (including the Dryads) and attack the orc base right away.Meanwhile, research upgrades and train a few more Archers and/or Huntresses in the back. Grab two Wisps and create an Ancient of War and an Ancient Protector at the ramp that leads to the Orc base. Do not move the already-existing Ancients, as they are initially too slow and, if I remember correctly, you start out with a Tree of Life, and not the Tree of the Ages, which is necessary to research Nature's Blessing (increases Ancient speed and armor).You should train Archers or Huntresses depending on the resources you have available for these moves. If needed, stop researching upgrades and save them for later.You may initially not have many Wisps gathering lumber, so you may want to create an extra few (I'm not sure how many starting ones you get, though).Now, the Orc base has a Fountain of Health that is indispensable for this move. This mission requires not only good micro-management, but also macro-management (to remember to look at your base once in a while to spend unspent resources and tech).Perhaps creating additional Moon Wells near the Orc base is not a bad idea, either, in case you need urgent healing once in a while. Try, however, not to use its healing abilities on Dryads and Tyrande, because the Moon Well loses more mana if it restores a unit's energy.Since there's an annoying lvl 6 Blademaster, you've got to watch out for Bladestorm, as that will severely weaken your forces and tear apart this move if you allow it to damage your units; and, if the move fails, you've basically lost the game, as you have no time to back up, retrain your army and attack again.Always order low-health units to retreat to the Fountain of Health for healing. If possible, use Hide to conceal this unit, as the Orc AI likes to sometimes send units to disturb your own while healing (and, if it manages to get that close, the Orc unit will also come under the Fountain's healing effect).The Orc base is not as well guarded as it initially might seem, but it is still annoying enough to keep training units. Fortunately for you, in Warcraft III: RoC, Orcs did not have the Reinforced Defenses upgrade, and therefore, Burrows and Watch Towers have Heavy armor, making them an easy target even for a group of Archers. Let the Glaive Throwers target unit production buildings, meanwhile.Note that you should begin targeting structures only after you've slain the Orc Blademaster and his initial corps. It is important that you keep training units, as the Keepers of the Horn's vault above pose a challenge and all of them have to be killed before you can pick up the Horn, so you need to have enough units not only to hold the line against the Orcs, but also to end up with a force large enough to kill the keepers in little time, as «little time» is probably what you have left even if you execute this move perfectly.
This mission is quite challenging. This is what I did to pass it on hard. There might be other ways.

Level 49
Thanks! And hmm. About the bugs. I didn't really "buy" WC3, you see... :p
But it works perfectly and patches are applied normally and etc. So it's either that the latest patches did something, that I have an old patch or those bugs existed all the time and Blizzard did not notice\care.

Oh well. A few things:
You start with ONE lumber-wisp. It will be necessary to immediately spend money on wisps, no?
For the 'macro-management' part, well, that's why I put AoW's to CTRL+5 and the Huntress Hall to CTRL+6. :p Although I must admit, I suck at both micro AND macro management.
The BM has no bladestorm as far as I know but he is very powerful and can kill one of my units very fast, not to mention that he's got this annoying Mirror Image and my dryads have to spend lots of mana not only dispelling his mirror image but also dispelling stasis traps.
If the orc base initially starts with the force it has at about ~40-60 trees left, then this tactic will fail in my opinion, considering that my whole 24 huntresses AND my 24 dryads could not break through(although I didn't think of micromangament back then and I just attack-moved and sometimes dispelled copies of the BM or stasis traps or moved my whole army back to avoid being shot by burrows and towers and whatnot). Nevertheless, if he really HAS that huge army by start, there's no way such a small group can break through. Also, that means there is no real time to expand? :O
The keepers are just insane. What I did was to 'hide' until the wildkin run away to my base and then attack them. I get an anti-magic pot at the third keeper, however... He's got purge. Yes purge. And it dispeles anti magic. Fucking fail, I mean, his chain lightning kills my entire force, and my PotM in like 3-4 casts. I need to have some insane amount of HP pots or an incredible amount of soldiers... :/
Glaive Throwers(Ballistae)...? oO
Never told me to train those, so I assume I need like 2?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You may need to train more wisps, yes. I never really needed to expand because, in spite of everything, I don't macro-manage perfectly myself, and I always end up with a lot of accumulated resources. As for the last Keeper, you might as well use your anti-magic potion if the mana he loses casting Purge is enough to prevent him from casting a single Chain Lightning. Glaive Throwers (Ballistae) should be trained at the closest Ancient of War. I'd train 3. Remember to take them along for the Keepers. I don't think their attack damages your units, but if it does, hit the Keepers with them and let the Huntresses attack from as far as they can.

EDIT: I just passed the mission. Took me 4 attempts to make it, but I did. You know, I found that Watch Towers have Fortified Armor. Plus, I found that the Keepers are ridiculously weak when targeted; the Ballistae deal quite a lot of damage. So yeah, Ballistae will be essential for this mission.
Also, you were right; the Blademaster is lvl 5 and, therefore, does not possess Bladestorm. However, that Blademaster is your main threat. You have to pump out the Ballistea as soon as possible and begin razing the Orc base. As soon as you can, target the Altar. I lost units primarily because of him. Lvl 3 critical strike = over 200 damage. Enough to nearly instantly kill an Archer or even a Dryad after a few hits. It's also a question of how lucky you are; I, for example, was very unlucky because the BM kept dealing a critical strike once every 3 attacks. I almost lost Tyrande.
But yeah, the key was to just keep training units and pressure the Orc base, create an Ancient of War nearby and pump our the Ballistae. I think it could also work to muster a force, creeping the Murlocs, meanwhile, and then attack. But remember that the Orcs could have Bloodlust and other upgrades by then.

Last edited:
Level 21
I kinda had a bug on where Illidan was in his demon form in the Blood Elf Campaign, where he was talking too Kael, and Vashj about the portals. Also if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, then its the campaign on where you close portals.
It was fixed when I upgraded my patches.

Level 49
And another bug. After Illidan consumed the Skull of Gul'dan and became level 10, he had gained a learn-able ability - "Mass Teleport". This is really strange though. Obviously he can't learn the skill as he is level 10.

http://i30.tinypic.com/19xzsl.jpg

On a side note... I'm having trouble with "Twilight of the Gods". I have a plan - to put lots of ancient protectors around the circle of power. That worked on Easy at least. As for units I plan to make only druids(both claw and talon), and max-upgrade them. I might throw in a few dryads as well. Either way I am yet to try that plan, and I failed it without the ancient protectors part(at 15 minutes left :/).

Level 14
I did the last mission on hard. . .using Druid of the Talon + Dryads + some Bears + spam moonwells + spam ancient protectors in base. I won the mission with some luck though.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The last mission is hardly the most difficult of the entire campaigns. At least I found Hearthglenn's defense to be much tougher to beat. =P
I'd advise sticking with the Human base. Jaina's Brilliance Aura is great for restoring Furbolg Shamans' mana, as well as Druids of the Claws'. You can use Rejuvenation in mass. Have a few Druids of the Claw in their druid form when each wave comes, use Rejuvenation on injured units. When a druid is nearly out of mana, you should save a little for Bear Form, and pick a «bear» that has (nearly) full mana, order him to take his druid form, and use Rejuvenation.
Jaina's Brilliance Aura makes everything much faster, whilst in the Orc base it's better to simply use the Fountain of Life. I know, though, by experience, that you'll most likely forget your units there.
It might be a good idea to alternate between Tyrande's or Furion's ultimates every wave. If, in one of these waves, Anetheron (Dreadlord) decides to appear, give the hero casting the ultimate the Necklace of Spell Immunity, if you found it. If you can spare extra mana, use Scout to have this set up for the incoming wave.
Use Entangling Roots on stronger units frequently.
The last thing I advise is letting them get to the Night Elf base too early. You see, even if your allies don't train a lot of units, it's still an extra hero and a few extra units. I remember that, one time, they sent a wave of Infernals plus an Infernal-summoning hero (the Dreadlord, I presume) at me, and it was like, 10 damn Infernals. It was impossible.

I think Dryads are not too useful. Their Slow Poison skill is, but Abolish Magic is not going to be worth it; again, even less if you don't benefit of Brilliance Aura. The dryads don't start out with full mana, and even when they reach full mana, they've only got enough to cast the spell 4 times. Banshees have 400 mana and can cast 8 Curses on you. So you'll still get Cursed in the end.
Dryads are more expensive and take more time to train than Archers, and, given their attack range, they'll die more often.

Level 5
I kinda had a bug on where Illidan was in his demon form in the Blood Elf Campaign, where he was talking too Kael, and Vashj about the portals. Also if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, then its the campaign on where you close portals.
It was fixed when I upgraded my patches.

oh i have a bug in that level! Like On ever last unit i click on life for a hero it has the xp bar and its just....there theres no xp in it and it doenst say any level (unless u click on a creep) ill do a footman/blood elf swordsman (same stats diffrent models)
example: Footman
Level 2

Status
Not open for further replies.