• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2 Human Town Hall

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Replica Warcraft 2 Human Town Hall. Animations, appearance, etc. try to accurately replicate what it looks like. Could use a better texture. Uses 1 In-game, 1 custom texture. Give credit to me, TheSecretArts, if you use it. Enjoy!
Contents

Warcraft 2 Human Town Hall (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Okay, here are some notes: *Please rescale the model by itself, it shouldnt have to be rescaled to fit a should be defualt size. *The team colour alpha has a white base, not a black, thus I highly suggest you redo it as atm it looks like...

M

Werewulf: Okay, here are some notes:
*Please rescale the model by itself, it shouldnt have to be rescaled to fit a should be defualt size.
*The team colour alpha has a white base, not a black, thus I highly suggest you redo it as atm it looks like plastic.
*I really Dislike the animations, they seem too basic and little. Please add more to the building and possibly add other animations and such as this is a 2nd stage building.
*Please re-adjust the extends, its REALLY hard to select the building/model when its being built and it shouldnt be.

EDIT: You have a white alpha layer, not a black one. IF you are using paintshop pro, this is a common issue, use gimp for that.
and the animations dont really meet the quality and the other things iv stated, im going to leave this up for around 2 more days and hope to see some things fixed.
IF not, then i will disapprove the model, but you can reupload anytime when its fixed just note it in the descrip and ill have a look at it.

EDIT: binned, being here far too long, upload new/fixed/approvable version.

I don't really like animations. At birth you can see only two planks until the buildings isn't finished. The death animation is just a small particle and the building disappearing without even leaving rubble. I suggest you to make disappear the building a second more late, more particles and adding the event, which all buildings have when die.

Before saying that building models are too easy to make, try to animate one properly, they are harder to animate well than humanoid models (unless you use gmax, then is impossible to animate humanoid models).

And yes, ingame textures will fit more, granting better wc look.

Level 7
I use gmax, so, organics make me cry! Im gonna postpone any fixes and Im gonna create all the human buildings and release them together. It actually uses just pieces of ingame textures but i combined them all into a custom texture so I can add my custom alpha and makes the geoset modeling much easier. Honestly, Im gonna try to fix the alpha but I don't know why it looks plasticy.
@Werewulf: This isn't an improvement of the WC2 town hall. It is a recreation, if you want nice animations and other additions that make it look nicer and flow better, this isn't it. If I feel adventurous, I might make an improved version but it will be released serparately.
@Mechanical Man: That is a problem I trying to fix that the geosets anims dont toggle precisly, im gonna work on theat.
@Gnome_Bot: Don't say that, Im made this for Warcraft 2: 2nd Generation. They aren't the same thing. Honestly I prefer the warcraft 2 buildings, warcraft 3 looked a little cartoonish at first glance to me.
@Elenei: It doesnt upgrade because that would be part of the Keep model as its birth. I will eventually combine Town Hall, Keep, and Castle.

As far as I know you can modify visibility in gmax, at least this is what Illy told me (when he was making those starwars spaceships).

And since you were just cnping existing textures, I would rather suggest using ingame textures. Town hall roof texture already has alpha on it so you can make it team colored, so it would look so plastic. Don't worry using too much materials, mine buildings have more that 10 textures, but all are ingame.

Level 7
ok, Its just harder and more tedious because I have to individually geoset anim each geoset organized by texture, stage, ect. I might need a custom texture for some of the team color (Keep and Castle). And I'm hesitant on using town hall roof texture because it isn't roofing, its more like a slab, it doesn't have any shingles on it.