• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Ring - Wraith Soundset

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Reactions: FeelMyRash
Namesake unit lines ported/ripped from War of the Ring and repurposed into a soundset for Warcraft III, primarily for HerrDave's Wraith model, or any other unit you prefer.

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/War_of_the_Ring_(video_game)?so=search
Contents

WraithReady (Sound)

WraithWhat1 (Sound)

WraithWhat2 (Sound)

WraithWhat3 (Sound)

WraithWhat4 (Sound)

WraithWhat5 (Sound)

WraithWhat6 (Sound)

WraithYes1 (Sound)

WraithYes2 (Sound)

WraithYes3 (Sound)

WraithYes4 (Sound)

WraithYes5 (Sound)

WraithYes6 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack1 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack2 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack3 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack4 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack5 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack6 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack7 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack8 (Sound)

WraithYesAttack9 (Sound)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I really wanted to love this one, but I gotta say it's so breathy & modified as to be indecipherable. I can barely tell what the Wraith is saying (though he's definitely saying it very 'Wraith-ly'). Perhaps take a leaf from the Undead Shade's book?

Otherwise it seems a good & useful pack.

Level 14
I really wanted to love this one, but I gotta say it's so breathy & modified as to be indecipherable. I can barely tell what the Wraith is saying (though he's definitely saying it very 'Wraith-ly'). Perhaps take a leaf from the Undead Shade's book?

Otherwise it seems a good & useful pack.
Maybe, but not my call since this is a simple, direct rip from the game itself, much like other War of the Ring units thus far, like Black Rider, Orc Slasher etc.

Thanks for the tip anyway :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Maybe, but not my call since this is a simple, direct rip from the game itself, much like other War of the Ring units thus far, like Black Rider, Orc Slasher etc.

Thanks for the tip anyway :D
Ohhh, my bad, I thought this one was done by you.

Speaking of, you really need to put a note about that in the descriptions for all of these (any that are ripped); I don't think it's a problem that they are, but you need to be very clear about it (e.g. not only did you not mention it in the description/title, but your description uses the word "made" which implies you composed these yourself).

Level 14
Ohhh, my bad, I thought this one was done by you.

Speaking of, you really need to put a note about that in the descriptions for all of these (any that are ripped); I don't think it's a problem that they are, but you need to be very clear about it (e.g. not only did you not mention it in the description/title, but your description uses the word "made" which implies you composed these yourself).
I mean sure, fair enough, but when i say "made" it usually implies making the soundset itself, adding a list of voicelines into a single soundset and the such, doesnt necessarily have to imply that i created it. Also i tend to put the name of the game first and then the game's unit for the said soundset in the title so people would know. Anyone who had played War of the Ring would immediately tell that these are ripped voicelines, so adding that it's ripped is rather redundant, at least in my opinion :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I mean sure, fair enough, but when i say "made" it usually implies making the soundset itself, adding a list of voicelines into a single soundset and the such, doesnt necessarily have to imply that i created it. Also i tend to put the name of the game first and then the game's unit for the said soundset in the title so people would know. Anyone who had played War of the Ring would immediately tell that these are ripped voicelines, so adding that it's ripped is rather redundant, at least in my opinion :D
Hm. I'm not convinced, but I'm also not certain enough to be more authoritative at this time, so I'll talk it over with the other mods & get back to you.

Level 14
Hm. I'm not convinced, but I'm also not certain enough to be more authoritative at this time, so I'll talk it over with the other mods & get back to you.
Your call. Just saying, "made" can be interpreted in more ways than one. But if it in the end proves to be too much trouble ill edit the word out, a simple task.

Last edited: