• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Jewels

Contents

War of the Jewels (Map)

Level 7
Now wher Glorfindel told me there was a new WOTJ out i thought he was B/s'ing.....
....Now im happy cas its true.
G/J guys.

**Edit**

After playing it i got a few complaints though.

Mainly the terrain.... no offence... sorta stinks.

Somea areas (Like maglors Gap area) are good but others (Like Himring) are wierd lookin... Really wierd.

Overall everythign is so spaced.. and it looks so empty. Bases shouldnt take up so much room, and should be more defendable.

Also can u make it so u get control after a person leaves... thats really annoyin ..

Level 7
Aight about the Control thing someone told me u didnt.

And i agree with the more room around but the bases themselves are huge and really undefendable.

An Example is Mount Dolmed, is pretty impossible to defend. I Killed it inside 2 minutes and lost 3 men...

Other than the spreadout bases though i reckon its good.

Level 2
Its up to who you meet, if the player that is green is a noob then of course its easy. people don't uproot their ents and place them in the middle. (i know about the uproot bug in v6-d), and its not supposted to be sof+dorf vs green but more like sof,dorf vs sindar.

Level 3
Positive:
-A Tolkien map!
-War of the Jewels is my all time favorite map.
-Units/heroes seem balanced
-Skins, NuklearPanda is GOD!
-Terrain, sorta...
-Gameplay rocks

Negative:
-Terrain, half is good, half is bad, you seemed to be lacking detail in some areas of the map, but have good details in other areas of the map.
-Bases, I seriously with Assassin850 on this, but Mount Dolmed, is defendable. Other bases though, seem wide for no reason, for example; Easerlings North base is widely spaced for no reason at all, it seriously makes it unattractive when playing.
-Angband, needs more detail, please!
-Beor the Old's base, it is already pretty hard to defend, w/ Sindar and Sof/Dwarf attacking, please either add some more towers or close the base in more.

Questions:
-Why is there only 1 gate in the whole game?
-What was the point in extending map size to epic?
-I didnt test it yet, but a friend told me that Melkor can leave Angband, I'm not sure if it is true, but tell me if it is or not true.

Finally, I really enjoy playing War of the Jewels, I seriously thought you, god (mmg), and panda, just quit wc3. I am glad this is not true now, since I looked at www.ringwars.net. Also, I doubt you will, but if you need any help at all, please pm me, I can make maps myself, (Good w/ Terrain and Spell enhancements, not so good with Triggers) so if you just need more suggestions or help, pm me.

Map rating:
Terrain: 7/10
Balance: 9/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Eye Candy: 9/10
Spells: 9/10
Total: 44/50 = about 4.4/5, if you make the right fixes its a 5/5

Level 7
Bah fine dont believe me when i say the bases are too open but ive been playing this game (And ringwars before it) for long enough to know.

Oh and BTW all my WOTJ holic friends agree with me im simply their voice.

Most of them play the old ones simply because of the bases being so huge, and open.

Level 2
Fix the net bug, shelob venom bug and huorn of doriath's eternally lasting stun upon summon in v3-d and dump all the later versions! v3-d is much better overall if you're playing private, since pros don't abuse bugs anyway. Terrain is crap in v7, most places are impossible to defend now, lack of gates is also a big big minus. haven't really noticed any improvements about balancing, if all are pro, evil/sindar dominate still. I can fix them up for you if that's too much to ask...

Level 7
Aww can they still have hithlum.. i lveo that base and wihtout it red sorta has very little to worry about..

Other than that Im happy... this one was pretty good but overall i couldnt stand the terrian... except for maglors gap that was much betetr.. i reckon its TOO big in the old one :p