• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War 3 Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
this tool will easy the things up for everyone

thx for creating such a wonderful tool

Level 5
randomguy said:
:D This model editor is great for anyone once you know how to use it
does this tool even make models?!?!?!??! :roll: all i get is a 3d x-y-z thingie!!! :x :x :x just instead of giving us a tutoral how to import this, give us a tutotal on how to USE THIS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x to make this even WORSE,, it PREVENTS ME FROM OPENING THE WORLD EDITOR!!! THIS IS THE WORST ABOMINATION EVER!!!!!!!!! REMOVE THIS SCOURGE FROM EXISTENCE!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Level 13
Actually, this tool is quite amazing. It even comes with an extensive help file which will teach you how to use the tool.

However, if you are too thick to even realize that it comes with a help file, maybe modeling is not for you.

Level 9
AMAZING TOOL it is great ALL execpt for 1 problem. I can use it ok its understandable i done (edited) a model, saved it as you would, now here is where i think my problem starts, i have to save it WITH the extension on it otherwise it saves it as nothing or "file" as is what it says (not sure of the extension) i open WE, import the model done with Magos's program, thats ok, then i save the map go to the unit editor then i change the model, then even before i hit the model name world editor crashes. I find it quite strange im not sure if its just me or if its the program so as i said before i think it is where you have to add the extension (.mdx or .mdl) when you save.

If anyone else has this problem plz say something so i know im not going around the twist thx.

-DD_Draco

Level 9
Magos said:
Have you removed any geosets? If yes, make sure they didn't have any geoset animations pointing to them. Go through all geoset animations and remove those that has the geoset ID "none".

Ok ill try that thx Magos.

Level 9
Sorry for double posting. Magos i could kiss you but i wont :D, what you suggested to do worked. I say THANK YOU MAGOS this must of taken a while to program but it has come out GREAT im sure it will make it easier for alot of people.

Level 3
Really very good program, especially if you want to see how units look on different skins, and also for adding particles on units. Cheers from me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.