• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wait Time With "Event Response"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi,

I am making a spell based off Doom. It's called "Sheepify". It should be a quite simple spell, but just look at the triggers:

Events:
A unit finishes casting an ability

Conditions:
Ability equal to Sheepify

Actions:
Wait (Random Real Number Between 5.00 and 13.00 Seconds)
Add Wander (Neutrel) to (Target Unit of Ablilty Being Cast)
Wait (Random Real Number Between 8.00 and 16.00 Seconds)
Change Owner of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) to Neutrel Passive
Wait (Random Real Number Between 8.00 and 16.00 Seconds)
Replace (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) to a Sheep

Now, trust me, I've tried tons of things and the problem is using an Event Response after a Wait time. Is this normal or is it that my WE is buggy?

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

(No I'm not going for the Arcane Contest)

PEONMASTER

Level 5
Sheepify

Okay I know that variables will work but there's one thing: say I set the variable to "Target Unit of Ability Being Cast" in the beginning of the trigger, then during the wait times if someone else casts it, the variable will be reset for his spell. I have had this problem before to and I emailed a friend (Spellweaver) and asked him if he had any ideas and he said I should try an array.

How do I use arrays? I have heard that you make the variable an array (and I know how to do that), and then when you use it you have to do something like add numbers on the end or something. Need some help please :?

PEONMASTER

Level 6
Well, you could always use

If Variable [1] = No Unit
Then Set Target Unit of Ability Being Cast = Variable [1]
Else If Variable [2] = No Unit
Then Set Target Unit of Ability Being Cast = Variable [2]

This may work, but there would be a limit of course >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.