• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

VillagerMany Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/villager-64141/?prev=search=Animations&d=list&r=20

Could someone please make an easy to use System that includes this model (mainly for the Animation changing), which i could use (preferably GUI), And it would contain all the things like, picking up different weapons like Sword, bow, Two-handed sword with no shield, stuff like that. Because at the moment, i can't get it to work properly... but i am making an rpg that requires this, i have many attachments and armors and stuff, and if i could get the model to do different animations with different weapons, it would be awesome.

Level 7
Well it appears the animation tags are messed up for the villager. The tags an animations do not match. But nevertheless lets work with the errors.

If you want an archer you can do this:
  • Pick Up Bow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Elven Bow)
    • Actions
      • Animation - Add the Channel animation tag to (Triggering unit)
Similarly, if the unit drops the Bow Item, then do the below action with the appropriate event and conditions.
  • Drop Bow
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the Channel animation tag to (Triggering unit)
Not sure why but for some odd reason, the channel animation is the archer attack animation. As I said, just fix the animation tags.

You can trigger it with an item system or you can just make preset units. Just go to the editor and copy and paste an archer unit (ie archer from night elves). Replace the model and now just edit the required animation tags.

Code:
ie. Animation Tags
None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack
In this case we would add Lumber. From there just go on ahead and edit the rest of the values, ie range, dmg, description, armor, skills etc. To do a swordsman you would do the same except change the Required Animation Tag with Alternate or Channel (refer to list).

Status
Not open for further replies.