• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Terrors 2: Dark Wood(b)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"GUARD: You and ten other farmers have been kicked out the human empire because you commited a terrible crime. We have been ordered to take you to the Dark Wood and leave you there, you will have to survive some how. The last farmer alive in the forrest will be able to come back in the empire and carry on a normal life. To start you off here are some resources to start off a small village and to begin a bigger family. Good luck, oh and be warned. There are alot of dangerious animals in the Dark Forrest, also the Dark Elfs don't like intruders. HAHA.
*GUARDS RIDE AWAY, ABANDONING YOU*"

Your farmer's life has now got a lot harder. He has to build a village, feed everyone in it and defend it!
To win the game you must be the last person alive which means the farmer would be allowed to go back to his family and go back to his normal life.

To get gold you create animals for income and with the gold you will need to create an army to eliminate other players and defend from them. Its not an easy game on your first try!

Also my map is still lacking good custom heroes. Please comment here with ideas or even give me links to download a hero. Please avoid triggered abilities because im not good at importing them lol!

***Update, fixed few bugs and added item drops and two shops!***

Keywords:
dark deeds, village terrors, terrors, builder, village builder
Contents

Village Terrors 2: Dark Wood(b) (Map)

Reviews
20:39, 29th Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Quality is too low

M

20:39, 29th Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Quality is too low

Well, i haven't tried the map yet, but my (very typo spotting :p (i found more, but they're insignificant, and understandable.(those i've said, also falls under that category (but what the heck :p)))) eyes have spotted 2 typoes... good for a first try ^^ it's forest, 1 r. and elfs is not the correct plural form of elf, it's elves. but since it's a mythical creature, you might have invented a whole new species, although it definately doesn't look that way. (dark elves have been used many times before)

I'm a big fan of survival and farmers v hunters maps, so i think this'll be something for me, i'll review it, if i get the time... now with exam and all... but! i'll do it sometime, PM me if i forget.

About your fear of triggered abilities, learn how to make them yourself, or learn to import, it's not that hard... there's lots of tutorials here at THW...

Fill the 'author' spot in the map description, please (it's something you do IN the editor).

From what i've read about the map here, it doesn't seem to be a 'melee' map. you might want to change it to a different category.

And the map size; 96 x 96... for 10 players? ... crowded forest i s'pose... if you're all hostile...

I guess that i can't say much more about the map from this here... well, looking forward to it :)

~The_Clam

Level 2
Ok, ill have a proper look through everything you wrote and have a good edit and change around.
Yeah i loved dark deeds too. Just wanted to change some things and make it a bit better. It will eventually when i get some good ideas.

In the middle of my exams atm so probs wont be updated till end of june.
but please comment if you have any good ideas or bug reports
THAANKSSS!

-KriSMatexXXX

Last edited:
Review

Review

Resumé: Village Terrors 2: Dark Wood(a) is a game about surviving as a farmer in some dark woods, for some cruel guards' amusement.

Gameplay: Pros and cons

+ points (total: [+ 0.9])
Variety in units [+ 0.4]
Growing up system (needs earlier sex-revelation) [+ 0.1]
Farming - build sheeps, pigs and chickens (kids too) - gain gold. Not original, as i'm getting back to later, but works fine. [+ 0.3]
Realistic environment - hard to achieve, although not so hard if you copy DD... i'll still get back to it. [+0.1]

~ points [~]
Everything cost way too much. But it's how you made the map so... no points given or taken ( a slight negative one, but not enough for [- 0.1])

- points (total: [- 0.7])
The ancient defenders have a minimum range, doesn't make sense that one milita can take it out... [- 0.1]
MASSIVE lagg when your sheeps give you gold. Happened on my friends computer, which was the one i played it at. [- 0.5] the lagg stopped shortly after.
Your 'one heroes aloud' - unit is visible, set their sight trange to 0 at all time, and add the 'locust' ability to them. it will make them 'invisible' and never seen. And it's spelled allowed [- 0.1]

Terrain & doodads: Pretty terrain, nice use of doodads, although there's a couple of points here: Some trees is way too big, and hinters optimal lumber harvesting. Also some too high bumps in the tarrain. [~]

Originality: This map idea, is stolen from Dark deeds, i'm one of it's fans, so i know what i'm talking about. you use the same sytems and so on, the enemies; that is a new point (sorry for my rudeness) but it was maybe because the other system was too hard to copy. [- 0.8] You did use SOME new stuff, like all players are hostile.

Text: All your text is of an okay grade. you don't use that many colour codes... which is nice to look at... and that annoying info thingy keeps popping up. [- 0.2]

Protection: Works fine. [~]

Gutfeeling: I really felt the horror / cozyness / Homefeelings that you want to give the player. just like in Dark deeds. [+ 1.0]

Total points [+ 0.2] quallifying for 1/5 (REJECTED) score.

Keywords for improving your score: ORIGINALITY, PATIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
(originality) make this map more of your own, even though it's clearly a DD ripoff.
(Patience) You seemed too eager to release your map, and therefore not spending enough thought on testing, fixing and originality, as mentioned before.
(Knowledge) you seem to have some flaws in your knowledge about how to set up your map, your systems, and generally more or less advanced functions of the editor. i suggest using some of the tutorials here, or asking for help. I still do it, even though i am so well known of the editor. There's always something more to know.

~The_Clam