• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Very unusual graphic bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, so I'm currently making a campaign and recently after updating my information an extremely bizzare graphical issue has taken place on one of the stages. I've tried everything I could to fix it but nothing is working, so I'm hoping someone might know what's going on. Or, minimally, point me in the direction of what to investigate.

I'd like to note the following,
1- It doesn't do it on other stages.
2- It's not doing it in the world editor.
3- I've tried checking models on other stages and so far they all seem to work fine without this problem.

Screenshot below,

I'd be EXTREMELY grateful for any assistance with this, it has me utterly baffled.

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 113
Level 4
Is it the part that it is too dark? or something else?
I can see much on my monitor. Might be just my monitor.
Yes, it's all the strange pitch black stuff throughout the map.

It seems to effect the entire normal map, the unit portraits, ect.

the UI is completely unaffected though. I also checked a backup file I had from a while ago and it wasn't doing it either. So it must be caused from something that's happened more recently? -shrug-

Level 13
Looks like it's in pause mode. but they are moving right?
Because before I had a bug that was the game was in pause mode but units were still moving. Are you sure there aren't any pauses on you're code that might be just that?

EDIT: After closer look it sure looks darker than paused I think...

Level 4
It's much darker than pause mode that's for sure. And no, pausing it doesn't cause anything to change at all unfortunately.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You sure you have not been adjusting camera settings, like for a cinimatic? It looks related to improperly set clipping distance (both far and near (if WC3 even has near clipping)). Also possible you changed the lighting environment. Make sure you are using a proper graphic card (some intigrated cards can have random graphic messes although the lattest ones are prety good and should never have problems with WC3).

Level 4
I can check that.

I did just import the version of the map from my backup campaign (which doesn't have this issue because I tested it before importing) and replace it with the one that had this bug and the problem is still happening. (Which is unusual because on the same, unedited version of the map in my backup campaign it doesn't)
I wonder if this could be a model bugging out?

Level 4
It is possible.

It could even be your graphic accelerator bugging out. I advise getting a different computer to recreate the problem just so that can be rulled out.
Apparently this model was the culprit.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lightforge-158183/?prev=search=lightforge&d=list&r=20

The problem completely goes away when I remove it, and resurfaces when I put it on the map again. No clue what's going on there, but I'm not too concerned since I'm glad it seems it wasn't me.

Edit:
Just tested a bit more and I've duplicated the above results. All I can figure is something with that model is causing world lighting issues on that stage because it uses custom fog effects. (it doesn't seem to do it on stages without fog, though.) Or there's some type of texture conflict, I don't know.
Regardless, I'll look into having a friend or two test the same thing and see if they get the same outcome just to be completely positive so potential readers will know.

Anywho, thanks a bunch for all the help, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.