• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Variables {what type is "Position of Caster" and "Trigger Unit"?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I gotta do this:

Now for the Actions, first off, we need to set the Variables. Lets start off with the Caster variable. Create a new Action, scroll down to 'Set Variable'. Click the red text that reads Variable and select Caster. Next, select the red text that read Value and scroll down to 'Event Response - Triggering Unit. It should look like this so far:

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Knockback
  • Actions
  • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)

Next, select the red text that read Value and scroll down to 'Event Response - Triggering Unit'

I don't have Event Response - Triggering Unit in the list..
I have this:
asdasdpzl.png

Any help? Rep+

Level 4
It's because you need variable type "Unit", not "String".

Thanks.

{EDIT}
I don't wanna make another thread; this is my problem:

Now lets set the 3rd Variable. Create a new Action, scroll down to 'Set Variable'. Click the red text that reads Variable and select Location. Next, select the red text that read Value and scroll down to 'Unit - Position Of Unit,' then select Caster for the unit, 'Position of Caster.' It should look like this so far:

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Knockback
  • Actions
  • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
  • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Set Location = (Position of Caster)

What type of Variable I make for
  • Set Location = (Position of Caster)
?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.