• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Vampirism modes troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making my own vampirism map and its coming along very nicely and im having a few trigger problems for the modes

I cant figure out what conditions 2 use for an quick resources mode, its set to on initialization it creates the timers for all the modes but no windows.
Then when player 1 types chat message equal to whatever the mode is it creates the timer window, and i cant make it after that when the timer expires if player one has typed chat message it gives gold and if player one doesnt type chat message it doesnt give the gold...

Im not sure which condition to use, i tried trigger comparison but that didnt make sense to me and also it didnt work... also tried string (Entered Chat String equal to player ones chat message.

Any help or directions would be massively appreciated

Thanks, Turok.

Level 4
it already is and it doesnt work i think its cause ive already set the timer to run because i need it to follow the timer so it just doesnt start counting at 30 whenever -ar is typed the varible is called armode and -ar is what activates the timer window and i want it so that it only gives the resources when -ar has been typed so it's gotta be a condition thing but i cant figure out which one it is

Last edited:
Level 8
If I understand right all what you want there is 2 ways.
1. Use booleans. If player 1 type what ever you need one boolean will become true. Than you only need to check which booleans are true when timer expires and do actions according to this booleans.
2. Make that mode actions get initialized right after typing what ever you need. If player one don't want any extra modes than use simple event to turn of all mode triggers after 30 sec.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey turok, maybe we could work together, I got a vamp map that's like 80% finished:wink:

Ok, I see what you want, and I have this implemented, code is here:
  • Events:
  • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -fm as An exact match
  • Conditions:
  • VampireSpawnCounter Greater than 0
  • Actions:
  • Set funMode = True
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: |cff00ff00Fast Mode...
Here's a basic rundown:
Obviously it will be player one typing the message.

VampireSpawnCounter is the timer you see in beast games, counting down until the vamp release.

funMode is a boolean, defaulted at false

Then the game message should be simple enough

This is my 5 minute mark gold thing:

• Events:
  • Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions:
  • funMode Equal to True
  • Actions:
  • Game - Display to HumanGroup for 10.00 seconds the text: |cff00ff00Enjoy 500...
  • Player Group - Pick every player in HumanGroup and do (Player - Add 2 to (Picked player) Current gold)
  • Player Group - Pick every player in HumanGroup and do (Player - Add 5000 to (Picked player) Current lumber)
Humangroup is a player group variable, and in a map initialization trigger you would put players 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. in it. and then create a vampgroup for the vampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.