• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using only skin from a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

There is a great model on this site:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rocessor-47525/?prev=search=sheep&d=list&r=20

This model is very big (300kb) and it looks so silly with the sheep-thing, however the skin on the farm is great.

I wonder if it is possible and if it is moraly right to use only the skin of this model and apply it on a regular pigfarm? That means being able to both have an ordinary Pig Farm and this new one. :con:

Last edited:
Level 10
Unless you import an additional model that looks the same as the Pig farm and make it use another path than the one existing in the game.

If I use MDL <> MDX Converter and converts the Pig Farm into a mdx, modifies it a bit and then imports it back into the game again, then I will have two Pig Farms I guess. But how do I do to give the new Pig Farm a new path?

Level 36
For your sheep texture farm whatever:
- Export the pig farm model. Change the texture it uses to some path, like Textures\sheep.blp or something, whatever the name of the imported texture is.
- Import it and set the sheep farm texture to that path.

For your regular farm:
- Keep it the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.