• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Use an ability while burrowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have made so the Infestor can cast Neural parasite while burrowed and unburrowed. When the infestor is unburrowed, the spell has range 9. When the infestor is burried, I try to make the spell have a range of 5.

Is there any way to reduce the range of a spell if the unit is burrowed?

(I can´t find any solution, except create two seperate spells.. But that sounds like a lot of work for such a small matter. )

Level 10
You will need to create a copy of the ability with less rage. The ability can use the same effect chain so in reality it just means 1 extra data entry (not any effort at all).

Don´t I need to dublicate all actors etc for the new ability? Or can two abilities be connected to the same "data" ?

(I am just afraid it will cause errors or bugs. : / )

Level 22
No, in general you always need to copy only the data you will change. If you want 2 units because one of the units will have modified stats you still need to copy their main actor (the one with unit icon) plus the unit because a unit actor can be linked only to 1 unit, so an actor for every new unit but for everything else - copy only the data you change, they can use the same source of actors, effects, behaviors and validators. So yes the ability only.

Status
Not open for further replies.