• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unknown Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
  • Incineration
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Incineration
    • Actions
      • -------- =========== Start of the Spell =========== --------
      • Set TempTrigUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempTrigUnit)
      • Animation - Play TempTrigUnit's Spell animation
      • For each (Integer TempInt) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempReal = ((Real(TempInt)) x 60.00)
          • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 32.00 towards TempReal degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of TempTrigUnit) at TempPoint facing TempPoint2
          • Set TempDummyUnit = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to TempDummyUnit
          • Unit - Add Dummy Incineration to TempDummyUnit
          • Unit - Set level of Dummy Incineration for TempDummyUnit to (Level of Incineration for TempTrigUnit)
          • Unit - Order TempDummyUnit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave TempPoint2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • -------- =========== Clearing Handles =========== --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: set udg_TempPoint = null
      • Custom script: set udg_TempPoint2 = null
      • Custom script: set udg_TempTrigUnit = null
      • Custom script: set udg_TempDummyUnit = null
This works ok when I'm not surrounded by enemies, but as soon as I cast this while being surrounded, only 2 fire waves are being cast..
I debugged the Loop and it goes 6 times, and units are created and degrees are calculated correctly.
Seems like units are unable to target point then.

Any fix? Please help meeeeeee

Level 20
The only reason i can think of is the dummy not having Locust, therefore becoming not-able to be placed if too many enemies are in the spot where it should be placed.

Just as improvement point: you can always replace "Owner of Triggering Unit" for "Triggering Player".

Try increasing the expiration timer, maybe the dummy is being removed before casting.

Level 18
The only reason i can think of is the dummy not having Locust, therefore becoming not-able to be placed if too many enemies are in the spot where it should be placed.

Just as improvement point: you can always replace "Owner of Triggering Unit" for "Triggering Player".

Try increasing the expiration timer, maybe the dummy is being removed before casting.

I tried increasing the Expiration Timer, and dummy has locust.
Replaced with "Triggering Player".

It still doesn't work as intended.

EDIT: I noticed after another testing that units are not being created. Tried using SetUnitX/Y to position them, but that fails to work too. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Fixed this by changing the Integer in Loop action to another one. Now it normally runs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.