• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Within Range of (Unit Variable)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Yes. Create a trigger like this:
  • Help, my almanac has caught on fire!
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to SomeRandomTrigger73 <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of SomeRandomUnitVariable54)

Level 35
Why are you creating a trigger for that unit, anyway? You could just change the Acquisition Range of the unit in particular to the range you want it to start chasing units. That way, it would save you all the bother of triggering it when you don't need to. Also, it will only chase units it can see, so you might want to increase its Sight Range too, or just make it the owner has vision of the entire map or something. Good luck, and I hope this has been of help to you.

Level 8
Why are you creating a trigger for that unit, anyway? You could just change the Acquisition Range of the unit in particular to the range you want it to start chasing units. That way, it would save you all the bother of triggering it when you don't need to. Also, it will only chase units it can see, so you might want to increase its Sight Range too, or just make it the owner has vision of the entire map or something. Good luck, and I hope this has been of help to you.

Perhaps making units chase each other is not the effect he desired.

Level 35
True, true... but how are we to even know what he wants this for? He hasn't even mentioned what effect he desired. Well, despite going a bit off topice, what are you trying to do, Prince Panda? If you want the units to chase each other, use my method. However, I think the alternative + reason for choosing the alternative is pretty obvious, especially seeing as how Smiddle has already said it :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.