• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit pickup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How can i make that one unit type can pick up but can`t use specific item type(artifact)?
i tried this way but it dont work
attachment.php

Attachments

• weapon pickup.png
    weapon pickup.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 187
Level 19
change event to Unit - a unit acquires an item

also change it from remove item being manipulated to drop item being manipulate from triggering unit

Level 4
Another Questions

Hi, i have another problems :/, i have a creep respawn system but when creep dies, and 320 sec pass the creep respawns at the center of the map, here are the triggers:
attachment.php

And another question is how can i fix sprint ability becouse it laggs like hell when i turn it on.. here are the triggers:
attachment.php

and last question is: how can i make that only computer can be player 1,2,3,10,11,12?

Attachments

• zombie respawn 1.png
    zombie respawn 1.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 147
  • fix sprint.png
    fix sprint.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 177
Level 28
Just a heads-up: there's a very easy way to copy and paste triggers to the hive.
First, right-click the trigger-name above the events and select "Copy as text".
Then, on the hive, write "[trigger]" and paste (CTRL + V). This should paste the entire trigger.
To finish it, just type "[/trigger]" and the trigger should look exactly the same.

Respawn:
I have a problem with the condition "Custom value of (Triggering Unit) equal to 0".
Shouldn't that be "not equal to 0"?
The rest seems okay. (I'm actually surprised creeps respawn at all).

Also, if you're going to use a constant ("Respawn_Time"), then you better actually use it :).

Sprint:
"Lags like hell", really? I get about a half-second frame drop the first time I cast it. After that, no sign of lag at all.
Adding abilities to units always causes a slight frame drop the first time it is used. Because of that, many people like to preload it.
To do that, you can do this at map init:
  • Unit - Order Unit to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Activate Immolation
  • Unit - Order Unit to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation
("Unit" is any unit that can cast this ability).

If it still causes some frames to drop after the first time it is cast, then that is really weird and shouldn't happen.
Maybe something with the objects (abilities / buffs) that is a bit stressful on the game (like too many levels for the ability).

Also, you forgot some actions:
At the end of the first "Then - Actions":
  • Skip remaining actions
Right after adding the unit to the group:
  • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - (Triggering unit)'s mana becomes Less than or equal to 0.10)
Last question:
Go to Scenario -> Player Properties and make the controller of those players "Computer".
In that same screen, go to the tab "Forces" and check "Use custom forces" and "Fixed player settings".

Level 33
But if you cast the ability, the ability usually have an effect (not to mention of the ability creates SFX around the caster, etc, etc.)

It will make the game weird if you suddenly SFX being created at the middle of the map because you order the unit to cast it - follows the actual event of the spell.

It is better to add those abilities to the unit, rather than hoping on the related abilities via cast spell.

Level 4
I have a problem with the condition "Custom value of (Triggering Unit) equal to 0".Shouldn't that be "not equal to 0"?
:O so thats the problem, tnx :D

If it still causes some frames to drop after the first time it is cast, then that is really weird and shouldn't happen.
hmm...its proboably becouse i have old pc(Pentuim 3 lol i crashed my laptop and i got this shifty box lol, i really need to buy a new one -_-)

Go to Scenario -> Player Properties and make the controller of those players "Computer".
In that same screen, go to the tab "Forces" and check "Use custom forces" and "Fixed player settings".
omg... i feel so stupid -_- lol, tnx for help.

+rep to everyone that helped me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.