• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Unique System Incoming] Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen

So ya.... I will make a better description eventually. :thumbs_up:

This is a system where it allows you to remake epic and fun console games screen sharing from the old game systems that we all love like Super Mario. Instead of being forced to make it single-player... Now with this we can have multiplayer screen-sharing that someone should of made years ago. :grin:

EDIT: Latest version has been uploaded here if anybody wants it or wants to try to improve it.

Attachments

• testcamrectmovement.w3x
    17.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 16
There are ways far more efficient than messing with camera bounts ways to force multiple players to watch the same thing, that don't make the minimap flash. No one has made a system for it because it's such a simple thing that it doesn't need one.

Hm... Far more efficient ways? It would be awesome if you could give me a description of them instead of saying this project is useless.

Minimap flashing... that's a drawback I can't figure how to get around yet. If it is so simple then why has "nobody" done it? Don't need one? I've seen way more things that were way too simple and unneeded yet got approved and had reputation of being liked.

Still I would like to see a more efficient way at this that doesn't flash the minimap, will you provide one?

Level 16
Just change the camera for the players you want periodically. If you do it fast enough (1/32 is the commonly used timeout), it gives the feeling of a locked camera. By playing around with the values (angle/field of view, etc), you can get the camera settings you want, without flashing minimap, or anything like that.

We actually do have multiple camera systems around.

Just change the camera for the players you want periodically. If you do it fast enough (1/32 is the commonly used timeout), it gives the (*feeling*) of a locked camera. By playing around with the values (angle/field of view, etc), you can get the camera settings you want, without flashing minimap, or anything like that.

We actually do have multiple camera systems around.

Though you might be onto something, thank you. No camera system around does this and if there is one please link me to it.

Hm... you were right about one thing, I could do it better. Thanks... sadly I can't see how this'll work for more then two players. . .
If anybody has an idea or answer then please post otherwise I have no further info for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.