1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unique Maps

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Puncho, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Puncho

Puncho

Resources:
    Resources:
    Has anybody seen any unique, or underrated maps out there that deserve more attention? Is it still to too early for any real breadwinners? Anything OTHER than shooters?
    Please also list the map name...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is one, I can't remember the name but I do know that its a map where your camera follows a Siege Tank from overhead and you fire from the tank at the enemies to defend the siege tank as it moves along its path.

3. shadonavan

shadonavan

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol at leaveing out rpg shooter and aos thats alot of the games. As far as games go that i think are overrated. there was on AoS game(sry i know you said not to) and it was unique in that heroes werent set you actually "built" him every game. you picked his starting skills, you got to choose him armor that could be changed in game(marine,maurader, ghost, and reaper) and your look changed. You chose your weapon and unlocked more as you leveled up. There were 3 different skill trees you could go down and each one was really unique. If you went tech you could actually "get into" the vehicles going down your lane and as you put more points into tech you could get into better ones. Like you started with gettings into hellions, then tanks, then thors. It was awsome.

4. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How bout mah map :(

Supreme Commander

Was popular for like a week then dropped (Damn popularity system needs to be burnt down!)

5. Puncho

Puncho

Resources:
    Resources:
    I completely forgot about your map! I was looking through the projects and saw yours and was like :ogre_haosis:. But for whatever reason it dropped out of my mind. Thanks for reminding me!

6. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, Baneling Arena is actually pretty nice, a friend and i enjoyed playing it for hours

7. mjllonir

mjllonir

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Doodad hunt and runling run are particularly fun :). I spend hours just playing those. Doodad hunt popularity dropped however.

If you want you could also play my map Explosions! (Located in my sig)

8. Aslit

Aslit

Resources:
    Resources:
    i havent seen any star2 map that couldnt be done with war3 editor, now really wondering... is the new editor uneficiency worth it?