• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Ui/ way to provide overview over stacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there,

Im currently trying to find a way to show the player how many Stacks he accumulated on a certain ability without using messages (they look ugly af). The ability has 3 different stack types and i dont have enough space to place 3 dummy abilities as info fields. i tried to use the orb effects as well, but that didnt work out as i planned.

any ideas? is there a way to add a custom button/ UI element?
glad for any help here ^^

greetings

CodeBlack

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One can add a count down timer, leaderboard and multiboard without conflicts. One can also show a modal dialog with buttons. But that really is the limits of WC3 UI customization, it is not StarCraft II after all.

Depending how many stacks each stackable thing can have it may be possible to use unique visual elements such as custom models to display them. For example if an element can stack 5 times then 5 custom models could be used each showing something like an orb with a different size. Triggers could then be used to swap between the custom models.

Level 7
One can add a count down timer, leaderboard and multiboard without conflicts. One can also show a modal dialog with buttons. But that really is the limits of WC3 UI customization, it is not StarCraft II after all.

thanks...thats what i thought...F*** ^^
cant use either of these as i am already using them for other stuff and it would be a bit of a pain in the ass for the player to keep track of what is going on XD

Depending how many stacks each stackable thing can have it may be possible to use unique visual elements such as custom models to display them. For example if an element can stack 5 times then 5 custom models could be used each showing something like an orb with a different size. Triggers could then be used to swap between the custom models.

guess ill try sth like that :/

thank you very much!

maybe somebody comes up with a creative workaround for my problem xD
ill play around with the editor a bit...

Hey there,

Im currently trying to find a way to show the player how many Stacks he accumulated on a certain ability without using messages (they look ugly af). The ability has 3 different stack types and i dont have enough space to place 3 dummy abilities as info fields. i tried to use the orb effects as well, but that didnt work out as i planned.

glad for any help here ^^

greetings

CodeBlack

How would you like it displayed? Possibility is near endless if you can think of it though a lot of the variety likely requires custom models/textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.