• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Type 'o' Wars v0.6 [BETA]

=========General Information=========
Type 'o' Wars is originally a map scripted by rulerofiron99 and 90% edited by Me (Blacuchops) with permission. Proof = http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104281 . Type 'o' Wars is a game of typing where you (a sniper) needs to type for your live.

=========Gameplay=========
On the starting of the game Player 1 (Red) needs to choose a mode. The game consists of two modes Normal Mode and Expert Mode. Normal Mode consists of words with 1 - 6 letters and Expert Mode 7 - 18. After choosing a mode the enemy will start to spawn units. The enemy first will spawn peasants and then slowly spawn better and harder units.
Your job as a sniper is to kill the enemy units before they can kill you... To kill an enemy unit type the word above an enemy to shoot them. Some enemy units are harder to kill as they are upgrading which means you need to shoot them more than Once. Some enemy units also are able to change the words above their head.
During the Gameplay depending on your talent you can unlock an abillity. For every kills you did you gain 1 Skill Points. After having some skill points at the end of the game you can use them to unlock more than 1 abillity. There are a total of 5 abillity that you can master. The Abillity you unlocked can be used for the next game so don't forget to take a screenshot of the code to use the abillity.
After a few Minutes of survival a boss will spawn. Each boss has their own specialty and weakness. Currently there are only 1 boss in the game. Also Random Events will Happen during the Gameplay.

=========Features=========
- Unique Shooting System
- Fun and Intresting Gameplay
- Consist of more than 1050 words
- Playable for 2 Players
- 5 Unique Abillities
- 1 Hard BOSS
- 7 Normal Creeps
- Unique Nuke System
- Restart System

=========Credits=========
rulerofiron99 - Creating the basic script

=========We are Looking For=========
- 1 Expert Abillity Triggerer
- 1 Modeler / Skinner

For more informations check this thread : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/type-o-wars-recruiting-151139/#post1389610

Any Ideas and comments are appreciated! ^^

==========Special Messages=======
Sorry for the long update, I was going to vacation and totally forgot all about it and when I remembered it It has been a whole month... Well I thought that I've lost the unprotected map and was so pissed that time... Until now I found the unprotected version and decided to continue it... I did a few changes but I guess I'll post it to note that this map project has been revived.

Keywords:
Typing, Intense, Hard, Fun, Unique, Shooting, Sniper, Technology, Fantastic,
Contents

Type 'o' Wars v0.6 [BETA] (Map)

Reviews
14:34, 30th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Hey, this map is very fun, I played on Normal Mode and got over 300 kills in 2 or 3 minutes before I died because my teammate had 5 kills during that whole time xD.
I rate this map a 5/5 for originality and fun game-play.
I have some ideas that you might not like, I'm not sure:
Adding a Paladin which can revive 1 or 2 nearby enemies.
Adding a special mode which spawns infinite amounts of peasants, called Resist the Rebellion or something like that.
Adding a crypt fiend which may occasionally burrow, making players who are about to shoot it miss.
Adding a necromancer which could raise a skeleton from a nearby corpse every 30 seconds or so until he gets to you.
Adding a rifleman which could shoot you from a range, say, 400-600 or so.
Adding an enemy builder which takes 20 seconds to build a tower within 1000 range of you, meaning that you would have to shoot him before he finishes, and then the tower would explode. The tower would fire once every 10 seconds and take 3 shots to destroy, if it actually is completed.
I think this game might be intended to have only human enemies, so you can leave out those two undead units.

Level 11
Typo Shooter is right now imho better, higher quality etc. This still has some points to improve.

Imho spellbreakers are just as easy to kill as peasants, at least I am not at all confused by those other words. Sorcs are a pain in the ass though, changing words all the time makes me frustrated.