• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two More Modelling Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First of all, how do you make a model file semitransparent, without using the "Set Vertex Color" trigger. I've tried looking at the Archmage Ghost model file in Notepad, and I can't see the difference from the regular Archmage.

Second of all, where in a .Mdl document opened in wordpad can I find the lines that dictate attatched models?

Level 23
There is a difference between the Archmage and the Ghostly version - a difference in FilterModes.

Normal units have combinations of Blend and None (if remember correctly) for team-colour areas, and either transparent or none for the rest. You'll be wanting to change some these tags to "Additive".

The lines that dictate attached models can be either under attachment points or particle emitters. Search for the word "Path", and that should lead you to any built-in attached models that might exist.

Does that help?

Level 5
Yes, it does help. Well, the part about adding transparency does. But I'm still having a little trouble finding how to remove attatched models- I searched for "Path" in the mdl in Wordpad, and it said it couldn't find it. Is there any way to delete attatched models with Magos' Model Editor?

BTW, thanks for all your help, RDZ.

Level 23
What do you mean when you say "attachment models"? I've covered in that last post how to find attached models in the MDL. Do you mean attachement points? These can be removed like all other nodes by Magos' tool, yes. But there's surely no need; just stop whatever it is in-game that's attaching the model to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.