• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tweak my animation triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

This thread has been started to not clutter the world edit forum, because the question is related to triggers. To visit that thread, click here

In the previous thread, i modified the dds in my map and added "unit is attacked" triggers so that I can manually cause specific unit animations for custom made critical and bash effects.

I feel its clunky and it sometimes doesn't work. Also with some units that have longer animations, they sort of get stuck in the end of the animation for a fraction of a second there.

Idk, maybe i'm just nit picking. In the case i'm not, here are my triggers, if you can suggest a more efficient way to make this work, i'm all ears (or eyes in this case) ;P

Please avoid all variables you don't understand and focus on the point of this thread.
If I don't disclose a variable, that means it doesn't play a role in this.

Important variables:

Player_HeroCrit_Animation [ Array ] - an integer with the animation number
Player_Will_Bash [ Array ] - boolean so that the dds knows the unit will bash
Player_Will_Crit [ Array ] - boolean so that the dds knows the unit will crit

• Critical Bash Animations
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
          • ((Attacking unit) is an illusion) Equal to True
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Palica) Equal to True
          • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Bastum) Equal to True
          • Player_Crit_Chance[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] Greater than 0.00
    • Actions
      • Set Animation_Unit = (Attacking unit)
      • Set Animation_Int = (Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Player_Will_Crit[Animation_Int] Equal to False
          • Player_Crit_Chance[Animation_Int] Greater than 0.00
          • (Random real number between 1.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to Player_Crit_Chance[Animation_Int]
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Player_Will_Crit[Animation_Int] = True
          • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Animation_Unit, udg_Player_HeroCrit_Animation[udg_Animation_Int])
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Player_Will_Bash[Animation_Int] Equal to False
          • (Random real number between 1.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to 10.00
            • Conditions
              • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Palica) Equal to True
              • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Bastum) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Player_Will_Bash[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] = True
          • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Animation_Unit, udg_Player_HeroCrit_Animation[udg_Animation_Int])
        • Else - Actions

• PhysicalDMGevent
    • Events
      • Game - PDD_damageEventTrigger becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • PDD_damageType Equal to PDD_PHYSICAL
    • Actions
      • Set temp_int3 = (Player number of (Owner of PDD_source))
      • Set temp_int4 = (Player number of (Owner of PDD_target))
      • If (Player_Will_Bash[temp_int3] Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Run PASSIVE ITEM PALICA BASTUM <gen> (checking conditions)) else do (Do nothing)
        • If - Conditions
          • Player_Will_Crit[temp_int3] Equal to True
            • Conditions
              • (PDD_source is an illusion) Equal to True
              • (PDD_source is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PDD_amount = (PDD_amount x 2.00)
          • Set dmg__font_size = 11.00
          • Set dmg__string_color = |c00FF2626
          • Set dmg__string_end = !|r
          • Set Player_Will_Crit[temp_int3] = False
        • Else - Actions
          • Set dmg__font_size = 9.00
          • Set dmg__string_color = |c00E3E3E3
          • Set dmg__string_end = |r

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

That looks fine. I checked the other thread and couldn't find anything there, either. The problem is that you have't shown us the trigger where you set the Player_Will_X variables as my guess is that's where the issue may ebb from.

I just set them up in init triggers, with each player playing, setting them to 0, NULL, false etc at the start of the game.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

You can try resetting the animation when the unit deals the damage. Keep in mind that sometimes the "attacked" event will fire even if the damage event doesn't.

That's what I'm going for. That's why I put the animation triggers in the unit attacked event, because i need them to fire before the dds kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.