• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trying to add/change a weapon of a model...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i'm sure that someone has already ask this but i've tryed in "search" with no sucess :(
and alone i just have no results :(

what i want:
*add a downloaded weapon to a model that has no weapon (donwloaded, also)
*change the defalt weapon of a model (that alred has one) to one that i've downloaded.

what i've already tryed:
*i've tryed to create a new trigger that do this for me, but no sucess yet...
I'll paste the triggers that im using here, so you can see what im doing wrong:

events: map initialization
conditions: unit comparison => trained unit - equal to - my unit (this case=Dart Maul)
actions: special efect=> create a special efect on unit => create a special efect attached to the ???? (i've tryied all here! i dont know what write! 'weapon' dont work) of Darth Maul 002<gen> using units\orc\Jedi\lighsabre2 (where i add the files in my MPQ's)

There is other way by avoiding the triggers?
Im asking this because i prefer change the model in the MPQs, so have a 'ready-to-use' model will make my life ease.

OBS1: i have only REING OF CAOS! thats why i edit MPQ's instead of maps (no import option!)
OBS: sorry if was to be in Triggers section, its just i think its more related to Models tha to triggers, since i'll try to find a way to avoid Trigger using ;)

Level 10
There are 2 ways.
Using the geosetmerge method , or using world editor.
For geosetmerge go to tutorials section and read!
With world editor its quite simple:
Events:
You cant put what event u want, like map initialization , or Elapsed time its ... ,etc
Actions:
Special effect:Create Special Effect on Unit:
Create a special effect atached to the( here are the atachaments points: left hand , right hand , head , chest , overhead, foot , origin) of (Triggering Unit) using here will be your sword or whatever u want to atach.
Thats all...

Level 2
hehe i think i get the problem, i CANT use MDX formats (and my file its Lightsabre2.MDX)! ive made some tests and i can use almost anything to attach a model but no MDX works, so i'll try to learn about geosetmerge. thanks eXciTe.

Level 2
eXciTe said:
No problem man :) but what you mean by u sed ,you cant use mdx?

i can use mdx as models, but not as attachments; when a model its use as a attachment its used in mdl format (i use the 'complete' path, and al models appear in mdl!)
the only thing that its still barring my teory its these erros that i get when i try to download something here (include the War3FileConverter.zip file :( ) maybe its my slow conection (i receive the corrupted error mesage and the size of file its diferent also...) but im sure that when i get this mdx/mdl converter my problem its solv

Status
Not open for further replies.