• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trying load map crashes World Editor

Level 2
Hi there! Me and my friends was working on a map and put quite alot of work into it back in the days. I tried to open it in the world editor but i keep getting some trigger warnings then followed by a full crash of the world edtior. Been trying to open it several times with no luck.

Even tried to convert it to a text file and back wich i read could perhaps solve something but no luck there either. I really dont understand whats going on. Especially since it has been years since we worked on it/or anything at all in the edtior for that matter so im a bit rusty.

Would really apreciate any kind of help or tip. Or just a confirmation that this map might just be lost.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    154.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 18
Level 21
Could be jngp functions, so you'd have to open the map with an older version + the jngp?!
I have serveral wc3 versions installed atm, i could try for you.
Can send me the map in a direct message, if preferred.

Level 2
I cannot send DM's as of now since this account is new it seems. So ill just send it here. I would be happy if you could try with some older versions.

I even tried removing the triggerlines that showed up in the error messages with an MPQ-editor to no succes, might have made things worse since i dont really know what im doing. Luckily i had backups ofc.

Attachments

• The Crucible Castle2.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 1
Level 21
I think this is the culprit:

// UnitMaxState v2.1
// Requirements:
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// UnitMaxState is written in vJass and requires the NewGen editor, or
// Jass Helper with PitzerMike's Object Merger configured for it.
//
// UnitMaxState requires the latest version of Jass Helper.

Sadly my newgen doesn't work anymore
fixed thanks to retera: What is the difference between JNGP1.5 and JNGP2.0?

Now sadly, even with newgen i can't open the map.
I fear there is some hacked together code that you can't easily delete
(refuses to open the map altogether then - probably dependency/syntax errors).
:sad:
You can try to @Uncle, @Dr Super Good, @Cokemonkey11 here (i just did for you, lol) to maybe get their help.

Attachments

• Clipboard1.jpg
    Clipboard1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Clipboard2.jpg
    Clipboard2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Level 19
WE doesn't use the .j file. You may inspect it, if it helps anyhow, but the trigger data is stored in .wct. You'd need to fix that one.
Given current tools it'd be easier to look up this function by name in war3map.j and recreate it in triggerdata.txt, that's where all GUI triggers are defined.